Analytics Implementation Engineer
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
The Analytics Implementation Engineer supports enterprise-wide development of data tracking solution across all digital properties. We are looking for that unique individual who is technically savvy enough to enjoy developing and testing code, but also interested in working directly with people – specifically product and content site owners – to guide them through implementation of the various tools we support.
1. Development, documentation and enablement of website, mobile web and mobile application tracking standards for All of Discovery Inc’s digital properties including but not limited to; Discovery, HGTV, TLC, Food Network, MotorTrend, ID, OWN, GolfTV, Eurosport, DPlay.
2. Support Discovery’s developer community for problems that arise beyond tier 1 support.
3. Industry research on new methods of tracking and best practices related to mobile and connected TV technology.
4. Data integrity and implementation validation.
5. The ability to work on several projects at once, while effectively managing your time and consistently meeting deadlines for deliverables is key.
6. Promote Analytics implementation standards across all Discovery digital properties worldwide through knowledge sharing, round table discussions, UAT, defining governance practices, and documentation support.
* A Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science or Software Engineering strongly preferred)
* 3 to 6 years of directly related experience
* Knowledge of jQuery, XML, RESTful API’s
* Experience with mobile application development for iOS, Android and Windows Mobile
* Strong desire and initiative to accept new challenges and learn new things.
* Ability to explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Must pass peer competency review for development knowledge.
* Valid Passport as this role requires both domestic and international travel (20%).
* Familiar with digital media industry including audience measurement and analytics.
* Be highly self-motivated, focused and capable of working both autonomously and with a team.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN
The Data & Strategic Insights team enables a holistic 360 view of the consumer and content for the entire Discovery organization. The team leverages a central research model with shared data and analytics services that can be accessed by all consumer-facing business functions. Using big data platforms, data warehousing and business intelligence technology, audience data, advanced analytics, data science, visualization, and self-service analytics, this team creates a shared, cohesive language with standardized data, metrics, and reporting to enable a global research community.