Analyst, Global Procurement
Discovery CommunicationsKnoxville, TN
Full Time Job
This position plays an integral role within the Procurement organization related to technologies, processes, and tools to drive efficiency and performance for Discovery. This position will support the procurement organization’s objectives by contributing to projects that result in operational efficiencies, improved data analytics capabilities, and system improvements. The successful holder of this position will be detail oriented and enjoy working with data including query and report writing.
1. Administer and support procurement systems working with counterparts in the technology organization. This includes maintenance, enhancements, report development, software package updates, and testing.
2. Solicit requirements, use data analytic methods to analyze and cleanse data, and generate reports that translate data into information and ultimately business results
3. Discover new process improvement or spend opportunities by analyzing and interpreting patterns in complex data sets
4. Assist in developing processes to acquire data from disparate data sources, maintain databases/data systems, and meet ongoing reporting needs
5. Provide functional, technical and change management support for system implementations and integrations. Work with external parties to ensure data accuracy is achieved as well as technical/business specifications are met.
6. Prepare training material and train users to use the available tools efficiently and effectively.
* Bachelor’s degree in management information systems, analytics, or computer science with 2-5 years of experience in a related field. Previous data analyst role experience preferred.
* Proficient in Advanced Excel
* Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages such as Power BI, Tableau, MicroStrategy or similar
* Experience with relational or multidimensional databases, query languages, reporting/analytics tools
* Data analytic experience including the support of data integrity and managing data originating from disparate systems
* Full life cycle software implementation experience including technical and functional requirements, system design, implementation, data migration, testing, training, go-live support, and issue resolution.
* Proven ability to apply critical thinking and creativity problem solving skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to relate well and collaborate with others to effectively coordinate activities and accomplish goals
* Experience with procurement systems (Ariba/SAP) a plus
* Knowledge of procurement processes, reporting, and forecast/plan processes a plus
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
Knoxville, Tennessee, KX, TN