Discovery CommunicationsNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Administrative Assistant oversees and manages daily operations & schedules for two busy international VP’s based in NYC. Also provides high level administrative support to their teams.
1. Create and manage executives’ schedule, maintaining and updating supervisors’ daily calendar, scheduling appointments acting as first POC for executives
2. Manage all aspects of scheduling, organizing and coordinating internal and external domestic and international meeting - video conferences, in-person meetings and multi-day destination workshops – including managing room bookings across multiple offices to coordinating IT support to arranging hotel blocks, catering/meals and activities for larger, workshop events.
3. Arrange international and domestic travel itineraries and prepare travel/expense reports using Concur software.
4. Manage end-to-end process of creating purchase orders and ensuring timely approvals of invoices, developing a strong understanding of Discovery’s purchasing systems and financial approval processes.
5. Compose drafts, forms, memorandums and other documents as appropriate.
6. Respond to internal and external inquiries and provide routine information within scope of authority.
7. Maintain and initiate the ordering of department supplies and materials as needed.
8. Work on special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
9. Perform administrative duties and support day to day operations for the team as needed.
* Minimum of 3 years of experience supporting senior level executives; International experience preferred but not required.
* Bachelors’ Degree or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
* Must be comfortable organizing meetings with multiple locations, time-zones and personnel.
* Must be comfortable with video conference equipment, meeting set up and troubleshooting during meetings.
* Proactive, anticipation of executive needs demonstrating strong personal initiative and resourcefulness and thorough follow-up.
* Ability to assess priorities and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines, flexibility in accepting new and changing responsibilities, taking ownership of, and accountability for, responsibilities.
* Professionalism, maturity, diplomacy, composure and grace under pressure.
* Strong organizational and administrative management skills; must be articulate, detail-oriented.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Good analytical skills and a basic financial knowledge.
* Significant level of discretion due to exposure to confidential information and high-profile individuals.
* Strong MS Outlook and MS Office skills (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
* Legal right to work in the US
New York City, New York, NYC, NY