Sr. Manager, Org & Talent Solutions
Direct-To-Consumer and InternationalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Sr. Manager will partner with senior leaders and HR across DTCI to develop holistic and inclusive people strategies that help advance the business. They will help solve complex organizational challenges in addition to delivering/sourcing both core and customized learning and development programming, talent management processes, and culture-building strategies worldwide. Specifically, they will engage in work such as organization assessments, strategy definition, organization design, change and transition management, organizational culture and values, talent and succession planning, and leadership development.
The Sr. Manager will also collaborate with partners across The Walt Disney Company to identify and implement solutions that address common priorities. This position requires an individual who can act as a senior consultant to the business, build and execute integrated large scale/complex solutions. This position is located in New York City, NY and requires regular travel domestically.
• Develop strategies that promote talent development, inclusion and organizational health across a diverse set of stakeholders and geographies.
• Deliver OD services such as organization assessment, strategy development organization design, process design, change and transition management, and culture transformation.
• Assess needs and deliver learning and development solutions that grow talent in support of business priorities.
• Manage talent planning processes that promote visibility/calibration/movement/development of top talent across our company.
• Work closely with HR teams on strategies that maximize employee engagement and talent enablement and facilitate a culture that maximizes organizational productivity and employee satisfaction.
• Continually develop business acumen and apply organizational knowledge in order to address business and organizational challenges.
• Collaboration with HR, senior leadership, leadership teams, functional partners, COEs, and external contractors or consultants (as required).
• Build trust and collaborate with teams in a global and virtual environment, and partner effectively with HR Business Partners and OD leaders across the enterprise to transfer knowledge and skills.
• Minimum 10 years of OD consulting and Leadership Development, ideally with a global company
• Strong consulting and presentation skills
• Practical, action-oriented mind-set
• Ability to customize solutions to the needs of the client/organization
• Ability to think strategically and synthesize complex business issues
• Ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not have a clear process in place
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects that cut across multiple business units, teams and HR partners from inception through completion
• Team player who quickly builds trust and collaborative working relationships with business leaders and partners
• Deep understanding of industry standards, best practices, and trends related to talent management
• Experience within the Entertainment or Media industry
• M&A experience
• BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Industrial/Org Psychology, Organization Development, Business Administration or related field
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.