Sr. Manager, Learning & Development
Direct-To-Consumer and InternationalBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Sr. Manager, Learning and Development sources and delivers learning solutions for DTCI teams across U.S. based and International markets, as well as a diverse set of business functions. In collaboration with business leaders and Human Resource Business Partners, this position works to implement and continuously improve learning and talent development strategies that support DTCI business objectives and promotes an environment where employees can grow and succeed.
This will be accomplished through a focus on:
• Identifying critical skills and capabilities across DTCI
• Assessing and prioritizing development needs
• Identifying and sourcing solutions/content
• Integrating and customizing core curriculum for market relevance
• Providing innovative delivery vehicles
• Ensuring learning ROI/effectiveness
• Managing year round talent management and succession planning processes
This role is also responsible for effective integration and partnership with the Organization and Talent Solution Center of Excellence (COE), to ensure alignment of talent solutions to Disney priorities. The ideal candidate will have prior experience delivering learning solutions via formal training and development, relationship-based and on-the-job platforms, as well as leveraging workforce analytics to develop and evaluate solutions.
• Create a learning strategy to support DTCI business priorities
• Collaborate with People Insights, HR partners and business leaders to identify critical skill gaps and priorities
• Leverage analytics to identify development strategies and evaluate their impact on business performance
• Plan and support year round talent management and succession planning processes in partnership with HRBPs
• Consult with HR partners and business leaders to create targeted development solutions that address business needs
• Integrate Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) strategies throughout learning and development activities
• Develop and/or facilitate regional and DTCI-specific learning programs – U.S. based and International markets
• Partner with functional counterparts and the OTS Centers of Excellence to address common learning and talent development priorities
• Seek partnership opportunities to implement, and continuously improve, learning and talent development tools and processes
• Lead and continuously develop L&D/TM team members
• Develop a high performing culture where team members can demonstrate their best abilities
• Provide opportunities to integrate across functions (OD, TM, L&D, D&I) and infuse expertise/develop talent
• Provide responsive, proactive, and trusted thought partnership to both HR teams/partners and business leaders
• 5 – 7 years of experience in human resources, organization development, training or related talent planning field
• 3 years of experience in leading and developing staff professionals
• Experience working internationally in a diverse set of contexts
• Strong facilitation skills applicable across formal and informal (e.g. coaching, mentoring) approaches
• Strong consulting and influencing skills; ability to think strategically
• Strong diagnostic, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Proven experience leveraging workforce analytics to define, implement and evaluate talent solutions
• Strong interpersonal and presentation skills with a proven ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization
• Ability to focus on critical issues to balance and respond to competing priorities
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects that cut across multiple business units
• Embraces working and operating in a highly collaborative and communicative environment
• Highly innovative and creative in approach to accomplish work
• Ability to manage and thrive within ambiguity
• Demonstrated bias toward action, with a focus on getting things done and making things happen
• Ability to maintain a broad view of the business and deliver solutions that balance individual client and overall business needs
• Demonstrated success in synthesizing complex business data and developing innovative and holistic solutions
• BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related field
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.