Sr Manager, HR Business Partner
Direct-To-Consumer and InternationalBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Movies Anywhere is seeking a Sr. Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) to join the Human Resources team. This team is a highly visible department that plays an integral part in key talent decisions across the Direct-to-Consumer and International organization.
The Sr. Manager, Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) collaborates with business leaders, executives, and the Director, HRBP to guide the development of HR strategies that attract, develop, and retain talent. A combination of strong business acumen, Human Resources (HR) and Organization Development (OD) expertise, and consulting skills is required to help guide the development of the Human Resources function within Movies Anywhere business.
As a forward-looking business partner, the Sr. Manager will proactively assess business performance to identify gaps and initiate partnerships to develop HR solutions that promote organizational and employee effectiveness. The ideal candidate will have experience leading strategy development, organization design, diversity and inclusion, and talent management strategies that build client focus, efficiency, speed, and results. A strong collaborator, the Sr. Manager will work closely with HR infrastructure (e.g., Compensation, Recruiting, ER, Training and OD) and functional partners (e.g., Finance, Technology, Communications) to deliver solutions and change management plans that provide sustainable benefits. The Sr. Manager will also serve as an advisor to business leaders regarding HR policies and processes (e.g., merit and promotion planning, performance management and talent planning) in order to optimize employee engagement and productivity.
• Provide strategic HR leadership and consultation focused on creating innovative HR strategies to anticipate and assess emerging business, organization or people trends and identify and implement the appropriate Human Resource / Diversity & Inclusion solutions.
• Proactively assess business and organizational performance to recommend and drive action through a consultative ''influence without authority'' approach.
• Design and execute strategies to increase organization, team and individual performance to improve the business's capabilities to deliver against its goals. Provide expertise in the areas of leadership and executive team development, organization and employee effectiveness, and meeting design/facilitation with a bias toward building client capability.
• Coach business leaders on HR policies and processes, including talent planning, learning and development and performance management to promote engagement and a culture of continuous growth and development.
• Develops thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
• Collaborate with HR functional partners to execute human resources strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth.
• Execute the Talent Management process to identify current and forecasted talent needs, develop action plans to mitigate associated risk and improve confidence in future successor readiness to enable business objectives.
• Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close gaps between current and future skill set needs.
• Partners with Compensation team to manage pay for performance program including annual merit increase, bonus, promotions and out of cycle requests.
• Analyzes trends and metrics, collaborates with HR functional experts to develop solutions, make recommendations and develop programs.
• Deliver HR services and drives HR companywide initiatives to clients resulting in a seamless point of contact to the broader HR organization and ensuring successful integration of functional partner initiatives and expertise.
• Maintain an effective level of business literacy to provide a consultative approach to deliver HR services. Leverage HR / business skills and knowledge to challenge or influence leadership in decision-making processes.
• Monitors the culture of the workplace with a focus on employee relations. Develops and drives strategies that fosters an environment where all employees are respected and valued.
• 5 years of experience in human resources, organization development, training or related talent planning field
• Must be an authentic thought partner with confidence and courage to push boundaries
• Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills
• Proven consulting and/or change management experience
• Proven knowledge of HR industry practices
• Strong working knowledge of employment laws
• Demonstrated strong integration and strategic planning skills
• Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
• Demonstrated problem solving and decision-making skills
• Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results
• Highly innovative and creative in approach to accomplish work
• Ability to manage and thrive within ambiguity
• Demonstrated bias toward action, with a focus on getting things done and making things happen
• Strong diagnostic, problem solving, and analytical skills
• Relevant industry experience or knowledge (preferably within a cutting edge, highly innovative environment)
• Disney Experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, or related field
• Master's Degree in Human Resources or related field
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.