Manager, HR Business Partner
Direct-To-Consumer and InternationalBristol, CT
Full Time Job
Engage. Consult. Inspire.
At Disney, we believe it takes great people to create the memorable experiences, products and services our consumers know and love. When we grow and develop our people, we're investing in our future. As Human Resources, we are the champions of this investment.
The Walt Disney Company's Human Resources team does so much more than just support our employees…we engage our people, drive change and help our businesses achieve results.
How do we do this? By shaping the employee experience on all levels. By partnering with our clients to create and implement innovative business strategies. By being a true thought partner and proactively anticipating business cycles. By fostering leadership success and being experts in change management. By enabling smart decisions by leveraging business data, metrics and external market insights.
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
In this role, the Manager, HR Business Partner will execute on human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of DTCI Technology. The Manager will lead and facilitate HR programs and strategies in support of the Technology client group through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups and other HR business partners. He or she will serve as on the ground HR support, consultant to business leaders on talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
How You'll Bring the Magic to Life:
• Leverage partnerships and business acumen to enable the creation and implementation of strategies in alignment with business priorities and goals
• Immerse yourself in the organization to build productive relationships with internal stakeholders and clients on all levels
• Foster leadership success as a proactive thought partner anticipating the business cycles and serving as a consultant during periods of change management, as well as leveraging business data, metrics and external market insights to inform decisions
• Implement employee engagement strategies to foster an environment based on respect and values
• Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management by assessing organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions in support of business objectives
• Coach and consult on organizational design and management issues, as well as challenging and/or influencing decision-making processes
• Streamline and implement new, large-scale structures and/or processes to create speed, efficiency and agility within the organization
• Lead change management efforts around culture and process evolution
• Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention
• Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of Human Resources programs
• Manage day-to-day employee relations issues, including escalation to Employee Relations partners
• Ability to build relationships remotely in support of a global organization with bi-costal needs
• Travel Required
What We're Looking For:
• Possess 5 years of human resources experience
• Strong consultative skills and ability to influence
• Ability to work independently and think strategically while navigating through complex matrix environments
• Credible, proactive and trusted thought-partner who has built relationships and delivered results
• Ability to thrive within ambiguity and drive complex projects
• Expertise in providing support to engineering and technology client groups
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Business Management, Human Resources Management or related discipline
• Master's Degree in a related field
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Operations LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Operations LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.