Direct-To-Consumer and InternationalNew York, NY
Full Time Job
HR Specialist (PH)
Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company's Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, HR Business Partner, the Specialist, HR (PH) will provide support to the Disney Streaming Services HRBP team to shape the employee experience, foster leadership success and enable business strategies. The Specialist, HR will help to deliver HR programs and solutions in support of both short-term and long-term business goals and manage multiple projects across the organization. The position is based in the Disney Streaming Services office located in the historic Chelsea Market building in NYC.
• Help implement and own headcount tracking process and procedures for all of Disney Streaming Services
• Work and partner closely with finance partners and key stakeholders to accurately track headcount to be used for monthly forecasting and annual planning
• Liaison with Talent Acquisition on all open headcount and requisition status
• Work closely with the HRBP leads on special projects, including frequent PowerPoint presentations, Excel and GoogleDocs
• Implements and administers HR policies and procedures and their dissemination through various employee communications.
• Assists with key talent processes including performance calibrations, talent review, succession planning, leadership development and talent assessment.
• Assists with consulting on organizational design/change/culture
• Run and utilizes reports and dashboards that measure talent efforts and provide predictive analytics for future changes or decisions.
• Works closely with HRBP team to identify ways to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention.
• Handles correspondence with clients including high level executives
• Minimum of 2 years human resources project experience in progressively responsible roles
• Excellent analytical skills and the ability to create and own complex reports, interpret data, identify trends and recommend multiple solutions
• Experience and exposure to a variety of HR facets including organization development, employee relations, talent acquisition, learning & development and compensation
• Proven ability to build strong relationships
• Strong use of judgment to identify and anticipate client needs and make recommendations for implementation
• Ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build trusted relationships
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organizational, motivational, communication and problem-solving skills
• Ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities.
• Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
• Function in a matrixed, fast-paced environment
• Basic knowledge and application of federal and state employment laws
• Flexible and adaptable work style
• Desire to work within a fun team & bring a positive attitude to work
• SAP experience
• High-level Excel experience- pivot tables, V-Lookups, template build-outs
• Project management experience
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney's international media businesses and the Company's various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company's global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company's direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; and the Company's ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Streaming Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.