Senior HR Manager
Digital DomainPlaya Vista, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior HR Manager oversees the day-to-day human resource functions of the Los Angeles based studio. Working closely with the VP, Human Resources and acting on one's own initiative, this position manages a wide range of HR areas, including employee relations, strategic business partnership, compliance, administration and special HR projects. This position requires a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
• Primary point of contact for employee relations matters while consulting with managers and employees to proactively address any employee relations issues that arise.
• Frequent communication with department managers and employees, with a high degree of sensitivity to emerging trends.
• Identifies areas that may need focus. Anticipates legal exposures, such as harassment, discrimination, wrongful discharge, unfair treatment, workers compensation, and accommodation.
• Working closely with the VP, administers the performance management cycle that includes: performance reviews, coaching and counseling, disciplinary actions and separations.
• Consults with HR leadership and legal counsel to ensure divisional level policies and programs are implemented in compliance with applicable corporate policies and procedures.
Strategic Business Partner
• Supervises and mentors Sr HR Generalist and HR Coordinator to develop their HR skills.
• Work closely with VP, Human Resources on corporate rollouts to client groups.
• Establishes close working relationships with business managers to understand business objectives and requirements to assist in the timely delivery of people related solutions.
• Provides advice, guidance and information on HR matters to business managers to support decision-making.
• Partners with counterpart colleagues in the areas of recruiting, training and finance to work on value-added programs in areas of training, development, retention, and job performance.
Compliance and Administration
• Manages employment analysis. Oversees regular and ad hoc reporting. Designs and distributes reports as needed.
• High attention to shifting employment law as it affects company policies and practices. Updates Employee Handbook and posted policies as needed.
• Performs annual compliance reporting (ACA, 5500s, SAR, 401K NDT, etc), with assistance of HR team as needed.
• Keeps an eye out for opportunities to streamline workflows. Implements changes to workflow as needed to create greater efficiency.
Other duties as necessary to support the HR team and functions.
Education and/or Experience Required:
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Behavior, Business Administration, or related field.
• 5+ years of HR experience, particularly with compliance, transactions administration and employee relations.
• Extensive experience with Excel is required. Strong familiarity with pivot tables and formulas such as vlookups, if, counta, concatenate, etc.
• Advanced Excel experience in more complex formulas, building macros, and charts is a plus.
• Experience in a fast-paced, project drive and innovative industry such as visual effects, animation, technology, film, TV, or advertising is preferred.
• Experience of Word, Excel and Google Apps, including Gmail, Calendar and Drive is preferred.
• Experience in PowerPoint is a plus.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
• Must be a self-starter and detail oriented.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, organization, and time management skills.
• Strict adherence to confidentiality and high ethical standards with proven ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information.
• High ability to efficiently and accurately process data.
• Ability to prioritize and complete a wide variety of tasks efficiently within a high-pressure and shifting environment while meeting strict deadlines.
• A desire to grow and learn. The ability to seek out answers from supervisors and other sources. The ability to evaluate current practices and show the initiative to recommend solutions for more efficient processes within one's purview.
• A desire to work in a team environment, where collaboration is appreciated.
• PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification is a plus.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online