Senior Manager, Content
Dick Clark ProductionsSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
dick clark productions, the world's largest producer of televised live event programming is looking for a creative Senior Manager, Content to join a forward thinking, top notch Brand, Marketing, & Digital Strategy team to create compelling content for its shows' social and digital platforms. The Senior Manager, Content reports directly to the Vice President, Content Creative & Post Production. This position is based in Santa Monica.
The Senior Manager, Content is first and foremost a creative powerhouse who will play a key role in conceptualizing and executing of ambitious, innovative and effective content for distribution across all owned, talent, partner, sponsor, affiliates, and fan operated social and digital platforms. The right candidate is a social media native who has a deep and demonstrated understanding of the medium.
As a key member of the team, the Lead Creative will work hand in hand with their Content Strategy and Partnerships counterparts receiving insights and perspective to inform and influence the development and production of content, based on digital programming and promotional goals and objectives set by the company's and department's executive leadership.
He/She will also work closely with the Brand Strategy team to develop the creative for advertising and/or sponsorship campaigns based either on a Request For Proposal, Brand Brief, or completely on spec through research. The Lead Creative will coordinate and execute, as required, the production of branded content and/or creative tasks tied to advertiser/sponsor initiatives.
The Senior Manager, Content reports directly to the Vice President, Content Creative & Post Production. The Lead Creative will also attend calls, meetings and complete tasks at the direction of the department's EVP.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Outline and update guidelines for each of dcp brand's aesthetic and voice/tone
• Develop style guides
• Develop both short and long form original programing across all social media platforms and then oversee the execution of the assets from start to finish
• Write clear, concise and inspiring creative briefs which deliver on the brand identity then, in select cases, execute through production and post production
• Have a continual pulse on current trends unique to each social media platform to drive innovation and ensure creative concepts are pushing boundaries
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously, perform under pressure and pay close attention to detail while staying focused on the big picture
• Assist in the hiring of creative team including freelance editors, camera crew and producers.
• Regular team and 1:1 meetings to ensure personal targets and development plans are maximized
• Work closely with Partnerships and PR teams
Experience and Qualifications
• A minimum 5 years of experience as a copywriter/producer at an entertainment digital programming or marketing department of a network/studio, digital publisher, or entertainment geared creative agency or trailer house
• Experience managing and leading teams as well as producing content in the field
• Passion for television, music, fashion, and all things pop culture is a must.
• A demonstrated, innate understanding of social media content and platforms both on the editorial and paid ends
• Creative curiosity and the ability to collaborate on multiple levels with creators of all disciplines e.g. video editors, graphic designers, photographers, cinematographers and production crew
• Strong ability to communicate the logic and benefits of an idea, a decision, a project to managers, reports, and counterparts
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work well with others
• Experience developing ideas that forge strong emotional connections between brand and consumer
• Advanced PowerPoint / Keynote skills
• Commitment to excellence, working nonstandard hours when necessary, anticipating issues and communicating with diplomacy
• Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment
• Experience with live events is a must
• An enthusiastic google doc user
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite for Mac
• Bachelor Degree in related field preferred
dick clark productions is an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls. No Agencies Please Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online