Executive Assistant, Music Talent
Dick Clark ProductionsSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
dick clark productions, a diverse entertainment company and producer of a wide range of television programming including awards shows, specials, and reality series is seeking a highly qualified Executive Assistant to support the Executive in Charge of Talent. This position will be based in Santa Monica.
The ideal candidate should be a motivated, creative thinker with heavy knowledge of the music industry and music talent. Strong organizational, written and oral communication skills are essential, with the ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Role: Temp to Perm
The position of Executive Assistant requires a individual with excellent organizational skills and a strong sense of responsibility. Must be a motivated self-starter with the ability to work independently, prioritize and anticipate the needs of a busy executive. Must have the ability to work well with others.
• Works closely and effectively with the executive to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately
• Act as a filter/ front line for incoming pitches from production companies, agencies and talent
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures
• Act as an information hub inter and intra departmental communication
• Handle sensitive information with good judgment and discretion
• Maintain schedule and manage calendar
• Organize departmental events and conferences as needed
• Create and maintain heavy travel itineraries
• Maintain familiarity with all office equipment (telephone, photocopier, fax, computer, printer, etc.)
• Be proactive and stay informed of company administrative policies and issues
• Maintain files and process reports in accordance with company policy
• Submit travel and other business related expenses for reimbursement consistent with company policies
• Track all reimbursement requests
• Maintain and update Outlook Contact database
• Perform other general administrative duties and projects as assigned
• Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, presentations and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software
• Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution
• Excellent Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with emphasis on relationship
building with labels and account
• Ability to multi-task
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Extremely organized with superior time management skills
• Inherent desire to optimize processes and efficiencies
• Excellent knowledge and application of Internet resources
• Complete understanding of deals administration procedures and/or willingness to learn
Bachelor's Degree in a related field required
2+ years of executive administrative experience, with proven success supporting executives and/or a senior executive team.
• Must be experienced as an Executive Assistant in a fast-paced environment
• Prior experience at an entertainment agency or music label
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Professional demeanor
• Agency contacts, agency experience a plus
• Knowledge of music industry artists and talent
• On behalf of the Executive, must take initiative to solve problems/issues that arise day-to-day
• Ability to prioritize and be flexible to shifting priorities/deadlines
• A positive, friendly and helpful attitude
• Ability to handle sensitive and/or confidential material and information appropriately
• In-depth knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Power Point and Excel
• Outstanding attention to detail
• An ability to work independently and is very much a self-starter
• An ability to multi-task and work well under pressure;
• A cooperative team player
• A solid work ethic, dedicated and reliable
• Availability to work overtime as needed
dick clark productions is an equal opportunity employer.
No Phone Calls. No Agencies Please Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online