Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema EMEA, is part of the Deluxe Group, the leading provider of a broad range of Digital Film services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and the Independent Film Market.
In the varied role of Subtitle Stereographer you will be involved in all aspects of the 3D and selected 2D subtitling workflows, from receipt of original materials delivered from the clients' subtitling vendors through to final delivery of digital cinema compliant files for internal and external mastering. Main responsibilities include reviewing, formatting and adapting 2D and 3D subtitled content; including subtitle positioning, editing and cueing. You will also assist in the creation of master OV Z-Axis files for internal and client/production sign off at the start of each 3D project.
Using DTDC bespoke subtitling software, Fuzion, you will ensure that all 2D/3D subtitled materials meet technical specifications before delivery to the Digital Cinema Mastering Department or externally to vendors such as IMAX and that our clients' demands are satisfied within their timescales and to an exemplary standard. You should be highly motivated, technically savvy and keen to work as part of a busy team.
This role reports into the Head of Stereography.
• To deliver high quality service at all times to both internal and external clients
• Receive, format and prepare files for review for 3D output for all subtitled trailer and feature content, ensuring subtitle files provided meet digital cinema technical specifications.
• Review 2D and 3D subtitle files against video backgrounds/DCP in the company's subtitling software Fuzion, checking for sync, cue accuracy, text corruption, and content issues; position subtitles to avoid clashes with on-screen text, 3D embeds; query and/or correct problems according to the guidelines and procedures established with each client.
• Create subtitle proof files for client approval for features/trailers as required in either PDF/Word format.
• Create final XML deliverables to the appropriate specifications required (Interop, SMPTE, IMAX, Prores/HD, HFR) for digital cinema/external vendor feature/trailer mastering.
• Create 3D encrypted MXFs to DCI specification ready for CPL creation.
• Track the status of each job you work on through the company's scheduling database, ensuring work is completed according to schedule. Feedback to senior team members, line manager and account managers where further detail or information is required.
• Work collaboratively with fellow members of the Subtitling Services team and other departments to ensure project requirements are met and delivered correctly.
• Gather and assimilate ad-hoc project information as specified by your manager.
• Become familiar with Digital Cinema subtitling best practices and with linguistic, textual and font-related issues that are typical or occur frequently in material for specific languages and territories. Perform relevant checks against the occurrence of such issues.
• Maintain an up to date knowledge of respective developments in film technologies.
• Act as an ambassador for the Company.
The successful candidate will have experience of 3D & 2D theatrical subtitling processes and technical QC experience gained within a similar post production finishing environment and will be used to working to tight deadlines.
The candidate will have an understanding of the DCI mastering processes and have experience in using DVS Clipster/Fuze and/or Colorfront Transkoder.
An interest in subtitling and stereography and knowledge of at least 1x foreign language other than English, or prior exposure to working with multiple languages would also be an advantage.
About the Company
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours.
At Deluxe, we work with the following values:
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.