Sr. Project Manager
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Project Manager - Applications
We currently have an opening for a Senior Project Manager – Applications within Deluxe's Enterprise IT organization. The position will be located at our Burbank, CA offices.
The role of the Senior Project Manager - Applications is to develop and deliver application development programs and projects on time & within budget, whilst also delivering to the values and goals defined by Project Charters. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Senior Project Manager will also work with the project and IT owners to define the project's objectives and oversee quality control and value realization throughout the project lifecycle
Program & Project Management:
• Manages complex programs containing multiple projects by ensuring the transversal alignment of all project dependencies, milestones & deliverables
• Operates comfortably within both Agile and Gantt (waterfall) project environments
• Ensures that programs & project plans are aligned with the requested timelines and goals for deliverables
• Owns the development & management of program & project plans, budgets, issues and risks, revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Manages programs and projects in line with the defined processes for Risk, Issues, Change & Quality management, and ensures accurate and compliant document management
• Manages project budgets, reporting on actuals, estimates to complete and estimates at completion
• Ensures that all projects utilize and are compliant with the established project methodologies & standards.
• Identifies and ensures the allocation of the required stakeholders and resources needed to deliver programs & projects to plan & budget
• Manages the day-to-day operational aspects of projects including:
• Maintaining the Project Plan, Schedule & Budget, identifying managing any variances
• Reviewing project deliverables and providing Project Status reports weekly
• Managing action owners to ensure delivery of requirements within timescales, escalating & resolving issues as required
• Preparing documents for Advisory and Steering Committee Meetings
• Chairing Project Team Status & Advisory Committee meetings
• Measuring and driving value realization
• Facilitates team and client meetings effectively
• Holds regular status meetings with project team and management
• Keeps project team well informed of changes within the organization and general corporate news.
• Effectively communicates relevant project information to superiors
• Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
• Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
• Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
• Possesses strong understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design.
• Understands Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures.
• Develops and maintains a thorough understanding of Deluxe's capabilities.
• Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies and their potential application on client projects.
• Manages and acts as mentor to small teams of project managers / coordinators
• Conducts effective and timely performance evaluations, coaching those with less experience through formal channels
• Helps team establish and execute career development plans
• Seeks and participates in development opportunities above and beyond training courses
• Tracks, reports & approves team members time & expenses on a weekly basis
• Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate.
• Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
• Serves as a role model for the team & challenges others to develop to the best of their abilities
• Inspires team members to attain goals and pursue excellence
• Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change
• Consistently acknowledges and appreciates each team member's contributions.
• Effectively utilizes each team member to his/her fullest potential.
• Motivates team to work together in the most efficient manner.
• Keeps track of lessons learned and shares those lessons with team members.
• Mitigates team conflict and communication problems.
• Plans and facilitates regular team activities outside of the office
• Manages day-to-day client interaction with regards to the programs and projects
• Sets and manages client expectations with regards to the programs and projects
• Communicates effectively with internal stakeholders & clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
• Has a basic knowledge base of each client's business, organization and objectives.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS:
• Must be very detail oriented and organized.
• BS/BA degree in computer science preferred.
• 7 years' direct work experience in a project management capacity, including all aspects of project management and execution.
• Experience with ERP implementations required. SAP experience preferred.
• Experience in leading & managing complex multi-project Programs
• Experience with Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
• Strong familiarity with project management software, such as MS Project.
• Strong understanding of application programming, database and system design environments
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
• Flexible during times of change.
• Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
• Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise.
• Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
• Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc. is the global leader in digital services and technology solutions for content creation and delivery. Since 1915 Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and experiences to audiences. Deluxe Creative companies house the world's top talent, amplified through a unified technology and business infrastructure to streamline processes, move media seamlessly, and connect our teams globally. Deluxe Delivery Solutions offer everything clients need to transform and deliver content in any format and release or broadcast window, for any recipient, to any device and destination. With headquarters in?Los Angeles and New York, and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide, the company relies on the talents of 7,000 of the industry's premier artists, experts, and innovators.?