Senior VFX Recruiter
Deluxe EntertainmentNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The global leader in digital services and technology for content creation and delivery, Deluxe has been a trusted partner to Hollywood studios, independent filmmakers, TV networks, online content producers, brands, and anyone looking to bring stories and
experiences to audiences, for more than 100 years. Deluxe Creative companies house the world's top talent. Deluxe Delivery enables content creators and providers to get their content to the world – in any format. With headquarters in?Los Angeles and New York,
and operations in 25 key media markets worldwide, Deluxe relies on 8,000 of the industry's premier artists, experts, and innovators.
Deluxe Media Creative Services is looking for a Creative VFX Recruiter to join our rapidly expanding Advertising and Feature Post VFX division in New York, supporting Method Studios, Company 3, and Beast Editorial brands. In this role, you will work closely
with Executive Producers, Business Unit Executives, and HR to manage all NY – based end to end recruiting. As the sole recruiter in NYC, you will influence hiring processes by creating innovative sourcing and recruiting strategies in an efficient and effective
manner. You'll help coach and develop hiring teams to be strong at interviewing and evaluating candidates. You will be an important member of a large global Talent Acquisition team, understanding how to work across business teams and geographic locations,
leveraging other recruiting colleagues, systems, and resources in the most effective way possible.
The ideal candidate is a global thinker who easily collaborates with others to break down barriers and silos. You will have recruiting experience in the VFX industry from either a commercial advertising post production facility, or a large feature VFX production
house. Understanding of visual effects pipeline is crucial to the success of this role. Previous experience in recruiting Maya Character Animator, V-ray Lighter, Houdini FX Artist, Nuke Compositor, and Flame Artist are all strongly desired.
• Manage full cycle recruiting process including position management, sourcing, screening, interviewing,
• Maintain positive relationships through both written and verbal communication to achieve high levels of candidate and hiring manager satisfaction.
• The ability to effectively handle multiple projects and a large open position volume of regular and freelance roles.
• Very strong ability identifying clear priorities and meeting department goals.
• Responsible for all reference checks, offer letters and verbal offers to candidates.
• Help ensure compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / diversity policies.
• Serve as a communication liaison for those individuals involved in the hiring process.
• Utilize a recruiting database for the sourcing and tracking of candidates.
• Strong client interaction skills with excellent customer service experience with internal and external clients.
• The ability to work overtime is necessary.
• Previous working experience in the Post Production VFX or Game industry. Feature, Episodic or Commercial experience is highly desired.
• Solid understanding of 3d/2d VFX workflow (ingest/plates, previs, animation, rigging, modeling, lighting, look dev, dynamics, compositing, conform, finishing, to delivery).
• Understanding of fundamental difference between various working platforms such as Maya, Nuke, Smoke, Flame, Houdini, 3dsmax, Krakatoa, Avid, Premier, Baselight, DaVinci Resolve.
• Experience looking at various demo reels for different discipline and skill sets.
• Experience working as a Scheduler, Recruiting Coordinator, or VFX Production Manager/Producer are all relevant backgrounds for success in this role.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.