Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Product Owner – Software / Digital Cinema. This position is based out of Burbank, CA.
We are looking for a dynamic and adaptive individual who thrives working in an exciting and fast-paced environment, for a company that is focused on redefining standards through the use of technology.
The Product Owner will be responsible for creating and updating feature requests, roadmaps and plans for a forward-thinking end-to-end supply chain product line. They will work with internal and external stakeholders to understand overall business strategy,
product features and requirements, while prioritizing & communicating those requirements to development teams. The individual will work with the development team to ensure successful translation of those requirements into a high-quality B2B product. They will
be responsible for development, user experience, managing timelines and ongoing enhancements of the product or product line. The Product Owner will need to prioritize tradeoffs, write/accept user stories and track progress throughout the software development
lifecycle. They will need to do so in a way that keeps high statuses transparent to stakeholders.
• Interface with key stakeholders from various Deluxe Groups (Localization, Operations, Sales, Billing) to define, develop, shape and refine requirements for a B2B supply-chain software product (or product line) at the heart of the company's business within
the context of the business strategy & goals.
• Define, prioritize, and communicate user stories; working with others to understand use cases, features, business & technical domain rules and overall product goals.
• Build and groom product backlog(s). Create and groom short, medium and long-term product roadmaps and get internal agreement with key stakeholders.
• Collaborate with the Scrum Master to run successful Release Planning and Sprint Planning sessions, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
• Create diagrams and/or wireframes to communicate workflows
• Maintain the functional quality of the work being delivered by setting and evaluating expectations and acceptance criteria. Periodically review the product with stakeholders to ensure product meets expectations and is competitive in the marketplace in all
regards including user experience.
• Work with engineering teams to continuously improve product ownership and other agile processes.
• Track goals and metrics to measure the effectiveness after release; monitor & report on progress to stakeholders.
• Perform product demos across other teams as needed. Stay in sync with overall company product strategy and evaluate managed products with respect to potential connections/APIs/integrations with other company/partner products
• Own and maintain product documentation including feature lists, roadmaps, pricing, module lists, internal sales training materials, demo videos etc. Study competitive offerings in the market and anticipate customer needs.
• Bachelors in Computer Science, Masters in Computer Science or Business Administration preferred.
• 2-4 years of directly applicable experience as a product owner in a software organization preferred or, 2-4 years of experience in product/product line category with deep domain knowledge and understanding of tools and workflows used.
• Strong knowledge of agile development practices (especially Scrum and / or Kanban), methodologies and tools. Direct hands on experience with writing user stories, grooming product backlogs and coordinating/prioritizing conflicting requirements in a fast paced,
ever changing environment.
• Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority.
• Excellent teamwork, written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
• CSPO or equivalent certification preferred.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet deadlines. Some travel may be required.
• Experience in the media & entertainment industry is highly desired in an ideal candidate; especially related to digital audio, digital video, asset management systems/platforms, multimedia formats, localization and/or consumer electronic devices depending
on the product line being considered for.
• Any prior experience with Localization, Dubbing, Subtitling, Video/Audio assets is a huge plus.
If you're an independent thinker with a high level of ingenuity and the above qualifications, then we'd like you to join our team!
We offer a competitive salary and great benefits, including 401(k) and tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website to view additional positions and for more information on our company . NO PHONE CALLS OR DROP OFFS PLEASE. EOE M/F/D/V
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.