Packaging / Transmissions Operator
Deluxe EntertainmentMoosic, PA
Full Time Job
Deluxe Media's Digital Distribution Group leads the Digital Distribution industry with innovative supply chain solutions that help market, enrich, and enable media distribution to all platforms and all consumers throughout the world. Deluxe Media is a global company with presence in 9 countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios as well as a growing number of on-line retailers including Apple, Netflix, Google, Amazon, and Hulu. With our advanced workflow management and supply chain solutions, we make it easier for content owners and service providers to offer premium content quickly and cost-effectively across digital platforms worldwide.
We currently have an opening for a Packaging/Transmissions Operator. This position will be located in Moosic, PA.
The Packaging/Transmissions Operator creates and edits content metadata, packages assets, and delivers files to various distributors as assigned for the Delivery Team. This includes downloading or retrieving customer provided metadata packages, editing XML, running scripts and otherwise manipulating the metadata as needed to create a final package that accurately describes the content and can be packaged and uploaded to a customer site.
Primary Packaging Responsibilities
• Visual quality assurance testing of video masters/MOV/AVI files.
• Creation and verification of XML documents for multiple vendors on a per order basis.
• Packaging of metadata and physical elements per unique vendor specifications.
• Gathering missing metadata from internal and external sources.
• Logically analyze and fix failed metadata and images submissions.
• Utilize and monitor production database, inputting data as necessary to track progress.
• Operation of computer systems with various operational tools and data management software.
• Follow data management procedures to ensure all team members can access accurate and timely information on element status, location and history.
• Maintain a current and accurate understanding of all work-in-progress initiated in the Content Prep and Delivery departments.
• Must effectively analyze and communicate information to resolve issues and concerns as they arise.
• Maintain a positive team relationship through both written and verbal communication, as well as accurately fulfilling needs and resolving problems accurately, on time, with high quality.
• Engage in on-going training programs as necessary.
• Complete additional content prep department duties as assigned.
Primary Transmissions Responsibilities
• Preform Transmissions process, which entails creating DDP file sets from the authoring stations, HCRC verification to check discs, transfer images across transmissions circuit, verification of paperwork and numbering scheme, etc.
• Testing and double-checking files
• Creating DLT production masters and backups for shipment and library storage.
• Running verification tools on titles to check for spec compliance.
• Review schedule to anticipate the initiation of the transmissions process.
• Preform database transactions, report production completions, inventory and shipping/receiving transactions. File and maintain associated records.
• Communicate image transfer status via email.
• Complete additional transmissions duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will possess the following knowledge, experience, and skill-set:
• Associate degree in computer science or programming, electronics or A/V technology related field (or equivalent experience).
• Bachelor's degree is preferred.
• Understanding of digital file transfer using different protocols (Aspera DigiDelivery, SmartJog)
• Working knowledge of NTSC and PAL video formats, file types and resolutions, file rendering, and video frame rates..
• Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
• Strong familiarity with Windows, UNIX, and Mac environments.
• Demonstrable, working knowledge of XML creation, editing and troubleshooting.
• Able to apply logical thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
• Able to deal with complex concepts.
• Superior ability to interact in a clear and logical manner. Foster open communication; thoroughly qualified at expressing ideas and instructions.
• Ability to prepare e-mails and professionally communicate both written and verbally.
• Must be technically literate and possess a strong understanding of video and audio.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment.
• Requires sound problem and root cause analysis.
• Must be self-starter and able to work with only general supervision.
• Superb organizational skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.