Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Deluxe Media leads the advertising and entertainment industries with innovative supply chain solutions that help market, enrich, and enable media distribution to all platforms and all consumers throughout the world. Deluxe Media is a global company with
presence in 6 countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios as well as a growing number of on-line retailers.
We currently have an opening for an Onboarding Engineer. This position is located in Burbank, California.
This person will be responsible for providing engineering expertise to the Content Operations and Program Management teams of the Deluxe Digital Media group, with a focus on technology, products, and solutions that focus on content processing, content management,
and digital distribution.
Main responsibilities will be centered on the client on-boarding process. The on-boarding process involves capturing specification and requirements for digital files to be delivered to various clients. These duties include analyzing client provided specification
documents, creating test files for client approval, and documenting workflow and processes to be adopted into operations groups. The ability to handle multiple clients and projects is a must.
The ideal candidate will have strong video, audio and metadata engineering skills and thorough familiarity with professional broadcast video/audio. A high degree of computer literacy is also required. The candidate must also be detail-oriented and must have
good viewing, listening, problem-solving, and communication skills (both oral and written).
The candidate will be part of a small yet integral group and must be able to work both independently and within an interdisciplinary team. The candidate should show strong initiative and should be comfortable both with configuring and using software and hardware,
and with interacting with clients and vendors. Candidate must also be flexible with hours.
• Provide technical expertise to guide clients into well formed specs. This requires experience with all major formats and file wrappers(MPEG2, H.264, J2K, QT, H.265, MPEG DASH, HLS, XML, etc.)
• Will set up, operate and test a wide variety of video, audio and metadata applications running on both hardware and software. Will be required to maintain and repair some equipment.
• Will test, trouble-shoot and provide overall Quality Control operations on new content operations solutions produced by the DRG Engineering Group.
• Must identify, prioritize, resolve, document and communicate both technical and operational issues without micro-management.
• Must provide thorough, detailed, clear and concise written documentation.
• Must be able to estimate problem resolution times, either independently or in collaboration with other team members.
• Will be interacting with clients (both internal and external to Deluxe) as part of operational activities such as customer support, technical and operational integration, and system maintenance.
• Should be able to comfortably engage with clients in a highly professional and helpful manner. Must have a clear understanding of the scope of understanding of the client, and interact appropriately with that client.
• Must be able to coordinate and manage diverse technical and operational tasks.
• Should maintain high satisfaction (both internal and external) through successful and timely resolution of technical and operational problems.
• Will be required to submit regular status updates and reports to a supervisor.
• Minimum of 5 years work experience in the video/audio engineering field. Digital media experience will be considered as a very strong plus.
• Must be detail-oriented, self-directed, ability to multi-task and have proven ability to prioritize tasks.
• Must have excellent problem-solving skills and be able to offer multiple solutions to technical and operational problems and challenges. Must be able to analyze potential solutions for economic and resource costs, as well as purely technical usefulness.
• Must be resourceful, adaptable and be able to work in a fast-pace, high pressure, constantly changing environment. Must adapt to external priorities changing rapidly and be able to shift operations without stress or resistance.
• Must constantly seek to improve efficiency and quality of technical operations.
• Knowledge of digital video, audio, metadata and the post-production environment is required.
• Must possess a high degree of computer skills, including the ability to work with untested developmental software.
• Must possess good understanding of video and audio content, be able to evaluate, gauge and classify defects in either video or audio program material. Must understand different classes of ''viewer level''.
• BA/BS preferred.
• Must demonstrate a thorough understanding of broadcast and streaming video, audio and metadata fundamentals. Understanding of XML is highly desirable. Familiarity with AAF/MXF is a plus. Knowledge of HDTV, UHDTV (SDR and HDR)
• Must be highly computer literate, showing a remarked proficiency in: MS Windows OS (XP/7/Windows Server) and Mac OSX.
• Experience with enterprise level transcoders and encoders such as Selenio Flex, Elemental, Telestream Vantage, Rhozet Carbon Coder, Amberfin iCR, FFMpeg, Colorfront Transkoder and DVS Clipster preferred.
• Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composter and DaVinci Resolve.
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix operations a plus. Increased knowledge of these OS is highly desirable.
• Must be fluent with all basic MS Windows Office components (Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio), advanced knowledge of these along with some experience of Access and Project is desirable.
• Must have the ability to qualitatively grade and classify video and audio content. The Quality Control analysis of client material is a requirement of this position.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.