Media Prep Coordinator
Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Deluxe Broadcast Services based in-house at The Walt Disney Company are recruiting a Media Prep Co-ordinator to join the team in Chiswick.
• Working directly for our client, the Media Prep Coordinator will be responsible for the seamless movement and processing of their Linear / Non-Linear content.
• Liaison with various third parties on delivery dates, shipping, advance viewing materials, technical & rejection issues and promotions materials, in order to synchronise all peripheral and core activities to meet monthly transmission and post production requirements.
• Liaison with the operations technical team to ensure all areas of workflow continue to meet our clients required technical specifications.
• Undertaking delegated projects and tasks from the Manager of Production Services as required.
Overview of responsibilities:
• Coordinate the movement of media components within the day to day workflows, ensuring all required content is ingested, QC'd and available for future workflows within agreed timeframes.
• Process content requested to be dubbed / encoded when required.
• Provide support and assist with content availability queries for VOD, promo production, duplication, format transfer and distribution to 3rd parties, provide quotes for work and recharge where appropriate via designated systems.
• Define and implement workflows and ensure current processes for future distribution and platform deliveries
Personal skills required for role:
• 'Can do' attitude
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong organisational skills and ability to prioritise
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Commitment to continuous improvement
• Excellent attention to detail
• Confident and able to tackle challenging situations
• Innovative approach to work and problem solving
• Language skills in relation to the above countries preferred.
• Demonstrable computer literacy essential (Microsoft Office, Excel)
• Eager and ready to learn
• Proven relevant experience at Operations Co-ordinator level.
• Education to Degree level or evidence of vocational management and skills training courses highly desirable.
• Significant proven experience in a Broadcast Operations department.
• High level of computer literacy.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent project management skills.
• Experience in TV Distribution / Post Production.
• Experience of File based and HD technology, New Media and electronic file delivery.
• Good knowledge of SAP an advantage.
• Convey relevant information in a candid and timely manner.
• Uses technology to facilitate better results.
• Ability to prioritise.
• Demonstrates flexibility in response to changes.
• Basic knowledge Adobe Premier preferable.
• Understanding of QC Conform process.
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week.
This is a 9 month contract
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a c. $1billion Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours. Our company values follow.
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.