Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
We currently have an opening for a Director of Payroll. This position will be located in Burbank, CA.
As the Director of Payroll, you will manage our domestic payroll function, in support of approximately 4,000 employees at multi-locations across the country. This role will manage a team of five, with responsibility for payroll preparation/processing as well
as tax reporting, benefits-records administration, and payroll systems maintenance.
• Possesses hands-on experience in running a large 4000+ employee multi-state, union and non-union complex payrolls.
• Experience in implementing and maintaining controls and processes.
• Strong management and leadership skills.
• Strong technical knowledge of payroll processing, with experience in multi-state payroll and tax laws, and IRS and State regulations.
• Working knowledge of and previous experience filing IRS payroll tax returns.
• Previous experience working with the IRS on issues and problem resolution.
• Previous experience working on IRS, state and other payroll audits directly.
• Solid understanding of labor laws as they relate to overtime, compensation etc.
• Understands and drives all government and state reporting including W-2, withholdings/garnishments, child support, etc.
• Systems/HRIS implementation experience and ability to help continue to design and evolve – particularly in the reporting area.
• Experience in automated time card reporting.
• Understands general ledgers and related accounting of payroll.
• Strong knowledge of payroll regulations.
• 7-10 years previous payroll experience
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or a related field with CPP designation preferred.
• Ultimate Software/Ultipro payroll/HRIS experience preferred
• Work Day and ADP software experience required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines.
• Project management experience required
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an
equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.