Deluxe EntertainmentLondon, UK
Full Time Job
About the role:
Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema, part of the Deluxe group, are the leading provider of a broad range of Digital Film services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and the Independent Film Market. We are looking for a Data Operator to join an experienced team of digital file 'wranglers', who are at the heart of theatrical mastering of major & independent film studios' international titles & distribution to foreign markets. The Data Operations team are one of the most established data management departments in the business and industry leading in their accomplishments.
As a Data Operator, you will be situated within one of Deluxe's most significant departments at the heart of the Digital Cinema pipeline. You will be required to undertake day-to-day digital file and metadata quality checks, delivery, storage management and long-term cataloguing and archiving.
This position is responsible for working and operating alongside all of Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema's operational teams.
• Must have data management experience in a Digital Cinema/Post-Production/Media environment.
• Broad knowledge of data transfer software common to post-production and data management industries.
• Knowledge of digital cinema production terminology would be advantageous.
• A good understanding of the concept of databases and metadata.
• Experience of project management and meeting imposed deadlines.
• Intermediate operational experience of Windows and Linux operating systems.
• A basic understanding of Linux, Unix or DOS shell navigation and command line terminology would be advantageous.
• Knowledge and operational experience of various storage media and storage technologies.
• Capacity to deliver efficiently under tight deadlines.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and great attention to detail.
• A great team player who has an easy going character.
Full training will be provided. You will be working on biggest and best films released throughout the year, alongside a social team that like good humour, music and love film.
Since 1915, Deluxe has served as the trusted partner to the global entertainment industry: from the major Hollywood studios to new global content platforms, as well as leading local content producers, broadcasters and distributors around the world.
Our comprehensive offering of creative post-production and digital delivery solutions enables our clients to enhance and maximise the value of their content globally. We provide an end-to-end suite of services unrivalled in breadth, scale and global scope: high-end audio and visual post production for television and film; content management; content marketing; content localisation; and IP-based global distribution.
Deluxe is a c. $1billion Los Angeles-based company with operations in over 25 countries around the world. Whilst the International business of Deluxe comprises less than half of the revenue of the business today, we expect this share to increase substantially as we lead the international growth agenda for the business.
Deluxe is a best-in-class employer, with over 8,000 of the most respected technologists and artists in the industry. We foster a culture of ingenuity, passion and collaboration to support our clients and our people, in all their endeavours. Our company values follow.
Be Pioneers: We innovate and push for boundless creativity through curiosity.
Pursue Diversity: Different views and experiences are advantages. Our global presence gives us perspectives that drive better business.
Act with Integrity: We are honest and forthright in our dealings. Building trust builds a better company.
Take Ownership: We are accountable for ourselves, our colleagues, our clients and our company.
Collaborate: Together we are stronger. We deliver more success through shared goals and mutual support.
Exceed Expectations: We understand our colleagues' and clients' needs and always exceed expectations.