Deluxe EntertainmentMoosic, PA
Full Time Job
This position is located in our Moosic, PA office.
• Work in a Windows and UNIX environment using Panasonic's authoring system and scripts to program and create all aspects of a DVD master.
• Produce DVD authoring projects in a timely and professional manner.
• Work with other staff to produce a unified effort to meet production deadlines and client requirements.
• Develop, or assist in the development of, new tools and techniques for DVD authoring.
• Work in concert with the engineering staff to improve or revise tools and techniques for DVD authoring, and general equipment-related issues.
• Program and test his/her own titles as well as understand and approve programming done by others in the authoring group.
• Prepare production masters as well as create database archives.
• Enforce and run verification tools on finished project to conform to client specification, material handling, and security compliance.
• Perform a preliminary quality check on projects in order to catch any errors.
• Troubleshoot programming logic issues as well as player compatibility issues.
• Create solutions to programming issues on an ongoing basis.
• Associate or BS degree in computer science, programming, engineering, or related field
• (or equivalent experience).
• Minimum 1-2 years experience in programming environment, with 3 – 5 years experience in DVD-Video or DVD-Audio programming environment preferred.
• Individual must possess basic software programming experience and working knowledge of (Assembly, Basic, C, C , etc.), as well as a fundamental understanding of audio, video, and graphics files and formats.
• Individual will work in a fast-paced, small team environment.
• Individual must be able to work independently within their own process.
• Individual must abide by Deluxe policies regarding issues of attendance, performance, and workplace behavior.
• Flexibility to work extended hours and/or weekends to meet project deadlines.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program including medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Deluxe Media leads the advertising and entertainment industries with innovative supply chain solutions that help market, enrich, and enable media distribution to all platforms and all consumers throughout the world. Deluxe Media is a global company with presence in 6 countries. Our clients include the major Hollywood studios as well as a growing number of on-line retailers.