Advanced Formats Specialist
Deluxe EntertainmentBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Advanced Formats Specialist II
We currently have an opening for a Advanced Formats Specialist II. This position will be located in Burbank, CA
Advanced Formats Specialist – Tier 2
The Advanced Formats Specialist normalizes, modifies and prepares file-based content to defined specifications and workflows using specific digital media software and hardware systems. You will work as part of the Digital Production Team and take direction from a Manager within Digital Production Operations. Operators in transcoding perform work order-based assignments at a high level of precision with an eye for technical details and content quality standards for DDG's customers.
• Individual will edit, capture, compress and quality assure audio and video program material for subsequent theatrical and episodic releases.
• Provide basic and more complex broadcast quality video and audio editing utilizing industry standard hardware and software.
• Ability to apply collaborative, creative, technical, and quality control skills to provide effective editorial services in a client driven, deadline oriented environment.
• Work with all ''Digital Production'' team members to insure that edit time is accurately estimated, communicated, executed and final deliveries are delivered on time per client specification.
• Feature and TV Mastering.
• FPA fixes for Photo Sensitive Epilepsy.
• DRS, pixel hit/error, aliasing and macro blocking fixes.
• Video dubbing, editing, standards conversion, pre-processing, compression and quality assurance testing.
• Audio editing, restoration, conversion, encoding and quality assurance testing.
• Machine and system configuration, connection and troubleshooting.
• Individual must be able to compress audio and video to an acceptable degree while remaining within file size constraints.
• Individual must efficiently utilize various audio and video production tools (audio/video tape machines, compression systems, encoders, decoders, converters, pre-processing systems, etc.).
• Individual must utilize sound audible and visual judgment during the performance of daily duties.
• Ensure work assignments, their status and disposition are timely and accurately recorded in operations systems.
• Engage in on-going training programs as necessary.
• Must effectively analyze and communicate information in order to resolve issues and concerns as they arise.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Clearly communicate expected delivery dates, via entry protocol into internal systems (HAL, SharePoint, DL3), and Email/verbal communication for special cases and exceptions.
• Coordinate with internal operations teams to ensure on time delivery of all Customer orders.
• Notification to the internal stakeholders teams any client workflow changes, request to on-board new providers, delivery delays and programming changes.
• Accountable for OTD, escalate OTD issues, client communication of any OTD delays.
• Responsible for ensuring all departments are aware of high profile titles, preparing plans as needed.
• Responsible for tracking and reporting on Defects.
• Responsible for managing RCAs.
• Report on any SLA penalties.
• The Supervisors are the first line for an escalation for internal issues.
• The Managers are the second in line for an escalation for internal issues.
• The Director is the final escalation point for internal issues.
We offer competitive pay and benefits program, including: medical, dental & vision coverage, vacation & sick leave, 401(k), and more.
Deluxe's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against, on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Deluxe will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and federal law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Deluxe. Please inform the company's personnel representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Burbank, California-based Deluxe Entertainment Services Group Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of MacAndrews & Forbes Holdings Inc., is a leading provider of a broad range of services and technologies for the global digital media and entertainment industry. Bringing together a comprehensive network of specialized companies with best-in-class artistry, cutting-edge technology, streamlined delivery and distribution solutions and customized management strategies, Deluxe approaches all of its businesses with an ingrained attention to quality, detail and creativity. From start to finish, in whatever format or language is required, Deluxe has the infrastructure and in-house capacity to provide complete solutions to a broad range of customers, including: major motion picture studios, television networks and cable companies, advertising agencies, brands, production companies, independent distributors, and content owners.