Sales position / Music Sales
De Wolfe Music USA Inc.New York, NY
Full Time Job
De Wolfe Music is a 110-year-old music publishing company that specializes in music for all media. Please visit our website for more information.
We are now looking for a Sales Specialist to join the team and grow with us.
What we are looking for is someone with a fearless sales approach and a passion for music. If you have never worked in the music industry, but have strong sales AND music experience, this could be your way into the industry. Plenty of room to expand into other areas of the business once you have a proven track record of consistency and success.
Core Job Responsibilities
• Sales and marketing of our music for use in all forms of media. The initial focus will be on corporate and educational markets with room to grow into other areas (television, film ..etc)
• Educates customers/prospects on company services it provides and assists in all areas of the sales cycle including music selection/searching.
• Manage and monitor all assigned opportunities while meeting your daily sales requirements.
• Assists in the marketing and sales functions by initiating correspondence and marketing materials to prospects/customers.
• Traditional sales calls via the company issued dialer as dictated by the sales process and/or sales management.
• Updates internal computer systems, including CRM and third-party applications based on the expectations set forth by Sales Management.
• Initiates research, verifies the change of status to existing or new accounts.
• Negotiates licenses with key accounts under the supervision of team management.
- Research and development of new business accounts.
• Ensures that all accounts have proper supporting documentation and clear notes related to any transaction performed with the account.
• Attend all mandatory department meeting and events.
• Maintains association relations as assigned.
• Initiates traditional in-person sales calls
• Regular attendance.
• Other duties to be assigned as the candidate grows within the field.
Our Ideal Candidate
• Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred
• Minimum two years experience in an active sales environment required
• Strong work ethic demonstrated by a high motivation for success, tenacity, and dependability
• Demonstrated communications skills (oral and written)
• Phone handling skills within a phone system environment (call center or dialer)
• Ability to manage multiple projects
• Proficient with Windows, MS Office, Salesforce and social media platforms
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- The ability to work well with others without getting distracted.
• A passion for music
• Travel as required
• Knowledge of licensing products and licensing process preferred but not necessary
• CRM experience preferred
Entry level salary (40k max) + commissions.
I am basically looking for an experienced and motivated phone sales specialist that would like to work in the music industry. We all do so many things over here so the job can and should grow into other areas of the music industry.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online