David Weise & AssociatesEncino, CA
Full Time Job
We are a full service business management firm proud to service the best in the industry. We are highly regarded for being an energetic firm, with the perfect blend of youthful enthusiasm and veteran experience.
Our clients are from all realms of the entertainment industry, including a wide variety of musicians, actors, athletes, writers, directors, producers, and other entertainment-related companies and executives. We pride ourselves on the hands-on approach that we take when working with clients, making sure that their input and requests are our top priority.
Reporting to the Royalty Manager, this position is responsible for all areas of royalty administration. This includes, but not limited to, publishing administration, record label administration, licensing, copyright registration, royalty statement analysis, and audit analysis support. This Royalty Analyst plays a key role as the liaison with Account Management and Touring to ensure high quality and timely delivery of a client specific royalty related accounting services. In this role, the Analyst operates in a fast-paced environment that requires confidence, motivation, and attention to detail.
•Communicate with Account Managers, Tour Managers and Agents in coordination with Senior Tour Accountant.
•Prepare complex artist, producer, publisher, profit participation, and mechanical statements.
•Read and interpret complex royalty agreements.
•Liaise with external companies and clients.
• Utilize analytical skills to conduct complex analysis and meet time sensitive reporting deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude under pressure.
• Evaluate contracts and licenses to ensure accuracy in reported royalties.
• Provide timely and complete response to licensing and royalty related inquiries.
•Minimum of 3 years of music royalties experience required
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Business (or equivalent) strongly preferred
· Good written and oral communications skill and strong customer service skills?
· Self-starter with demonstrated ability to work autonomously on multiple projects while under pressure
· Proven ability to think ahead with vision and a proactive approach
· Experience developing and managing budgets including forecasting with demonstrated analytical skills within the music industry
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
The position will receive a competitive compensation commensurate with experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan, paid holidays, and health benefits.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online