Service and Retention Manager
Dallas MavericksDallas, TX
Full Time Job
The Dallas Mavericks are seeking a driven and positive individual who is committed to becoming a sports and entertainment sales leader with previous service and retention experience.
Essential Duties and Primary Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the performance of Service and Retention Team, including annual performance evaluations, approving timesheets and training.
• Responsible for the management, supervision, and execution of Season Ticket Holder initiatives with the department and throughout the organization.
• A working understanding of all aspects of season ticket service and retention.
• Increase the overall season ticket renewal percentage of the organization.
• Meet or exceed weekly, monthly, and annual retention and sales targets.
• Create new retention programs and events that increase opportunities to maintain current ticket holders and enhance the fan experience.
• Create memorable events for Season Ticket Holders and their attendees and lead execution efforts.
• Lead planning and execution of renewal strategy and associated collateral/gifting/etc.
• Work with the Marketing and Social Media teams to develop promotional/advertising plans for Season Ticket Holder initiatives and have the most up-to-date content listed on the company website and social media.
• Work with Corporate Sponsorships to leverage partnerships and develop win-win solutions.
• Work with all internal departments to accomplish retention related goals and projects.
• Provide superior and professional customer service to clients.
• Perform game day responsibilities, including entertaining clients, managing staff and overseeing Season Ticket Holder game day experiences. This would include working nights, weekends and holidays.
• Responsible for reports to NBA, Accounting, Game Operations, Managers, COC staff, etc.
• Represent the organization at off-site Dallas Mavericks events promoting ticket sales and service.
• Hire, train, develop and motivate service reps.
• Write copy for all Season Ticket Holder mass email distributions and work closely with Email Marketing for scheduling and creative designs.
• Additional responsibilities as assigned by Vice President, Ticket Sales & Service.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Commitment to personal integrity.
• Having the ability to function in a fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects and adhere to deadlines is a necessity.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Ability to present sales material to potential clients.
• The ability to learn and master new software programs including the CRM platform (Salesforce) and ticketing system (Ticketmaster Archtics) is essential.
• Detail-oriented; ability to handle several projects at once.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Sports Management, Marketing or related field.
• At least 3 years of outstanding performance in a service and retention position. Professional or collegiate sports team experience preferred.
• A consistent track record in relationship building and networking skills with the ability to interact effectively and professionally.
• Maintain computerized records of all touchpoints with clients and prospects with our CRM system. Proficiency in basic computer software programs, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
• Ability to work all home games and extended hours as assigned including evenings, weekends and holidays.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Yes/No: Are you currently, or have you ever been employed by the Dallas Mavericks organization? If so, please provide the title and years of employment.