Mavs Gaming eSports Facilities Manager
Dallas MavericksDallas, TX
Full Time Job
The Dallas Mavericks is currently seeking a passionate and highly organized individual with a deep commitment to learning and growing within the fast-paced and ever-changing eSports industry. The ideal candidate is creative, adaptable and has a track record of proactively identifying opportunities and implementing solutions. The Facilities Manager, will be responsible for maintenance, security, and the creation of an overall safe and positive working environment at the Mavs Gaming Facility ensuring optimal operating results. The successful candidate will oversee the company's facility operations, manage staff, manage office moves and manage janitorial duties, all while remaining in compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
A successful applicant will be self-motivated; demonstrate strong relationship building skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to work creatively and proactively while collaborating in a team environment. The candidate should be prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment but driven to take the initiative to succeed when presented with individual work responsibilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops maintenance policy and procedures that ensure the optimal functioning of buildings, grounds, and associated equipment.
• Manages all building systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, safety, and waste management.
• Manages and trains a staff of employees in the general maintenance of buildings, grounds, and equipment.
• Ensures facilities maintenance work follows safety standards, conforms to specifications, and that work orders are tracked and completed within the budgeted guidelines.
• Engage in negotiations regarding outside repairs and oversee contractors engaged for facility projects.
• Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved maintenance budget.
• Fix, repair, or schedule routine check-ups for facility equipment and real estate.
• Hire, train, evaluate, and supervise maintenance staff.
• Respond to customer or employee maintenance concerns.
• Well versed in technical/engineering operations and facilities management best practices
• Knowledge of basic accounting and finance principles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Good analytical /critical thinking
• BSc/BA in facility management, engineering business administration or relevant field.
• Relevant professional qualification preferably.
• Develops, revises, recommends, and interprets policies and procedures for section to ensure all applicable laws and governmental guidelines are followed and that employees are treated in equitable manner.
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
• Ability to work in extreme heat or cold conditions
• Ability to push minimum 100 pounds (power cleaning appliances); ability to lift
50 pounds (trash and supplies).
• Ability to work in extremely noisy environments at times which may require normal hearing protection in the form of ear plugs.
• Ability to work at elevated heights.
• Ability to climb ladder and step ladder.
• Bending at the waist, sitting, kneeling, laying horizontally, climbing, walking, etc., as job may require.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you currently or have you ever worked for the Dallas Mavericks?
• How many years of facilities maintenance do you possess?