Manager Of Publishing
Dallas MavericksDallas, TX
Full Time Job
The Dallas Mavericks is currently seeking a Manager of Publishing for the Marketing-Creative Department.
A successful applicant will demonstrate strong publishing skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to work creatively and proactively while collaborating in a team environment. We are looking for someone prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment but driven to take the initiative to succeed when presented with individual work responsibilities.
• Creation, production and distribution of print medium products and materials that promote the Dallas Mavericks activities, events, talent and attractions.
• Organize, control and monitor the flow of printed materials.
• Coordniate schedules, confirm product specifications, arrange adjustments, oversee the work of staff in the department, monitor the quality of the product and ensure deadlines are met.
• Produce print production such as page layouts of books, magazine articles, photographs and advertising, draw up headlines and prepare copy for printing.
• Work as part of a team that includes Sales Managers, Editors, Graphic Designers, Project Managers, Social Media Specialist, Graphic Designers, Brand Manager, and Web Specialist to Identify and Fulfill All Content Requirements
• Create and Follow Thorough Photo/Video Shoot Briefs
• Write Entertaining and Informative Scripts with Personality and Professionalism
• Thoroughly Understand Product Specs/End User Requirements to Convey Properly in Photo/Video Media
• Ideate, Create, and Edit All Photo/Video Assets
• Participate in Continuous Improvement Processes to Grow Knowledge Base and Experience Level
• Maintain All Technical Equipment (Cameras, Lenses, Lighting, etc.)
• Source Talent for Photo/Video Shoots
• Assist Graphics Team in Maintaining Streamlined Creative Content Library
• Participate in Shooting Courses to Achieve Operational Knowledge of Variety of Platforms/Uses
• Understand Specific Content Needs for Variety of Uses, Sales Materials, Website, Print Media, Packaging, Instructional Manuals, Social Media, YouTube Channels, etc.
• Meet with Stakeholders on Case-by-Case Basis (Product Managers, Sales Managers, Operations Managers, etc.) Prior to Photo/Video Shoots to Ensure Materials Convey Correct Message
• Bachelors Degree in Related Field or Equivalent Work Experience. Greater Emphasis Placed on Experience vs. Education.
• 5 - 8 years of solid publishing or related experience
• Eye for detail and precise work accuracy
• Great imagination and good visual sense
• IT skills, including knowledge of word processing and design programs
• The ablilty to give clear, accurate instructions
• The ablity to make decisions, work under pressure and meet deadlines
• The ability to work long hours and weekends as required
• Able to represent the Dallas Mavericks with refreshing creativity
• Strong time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Subject Matter Expert re: Cutting-Edge Photography/Videography Processes and Stylistic Elements
• Expert Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Especially Premiere and After Effects
• Preference Given to Applicants with Experience in Hands-On, In-the-Field Photography/Videography and Studio Photography
• Must Present Portfolio for Consideration
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you currently or have you ever worked for the Dallas Mavericks?
• Do you have 5 - 8 years of solid publishing or related experience?
• Have you ever created print material for mass distribution such as area sized events?