Director Of Digital Content
Dallas MavericksDallas, TX
Full Time Job
The Dallas Mavericks is currently seeking a Director of Digital Content for the Marketing-Creative Department.
This position is responsible for leading the strategic direction and monetization opportunities for all digital properties, including websites, social media platforms, apps, etc. for the Dallas Mavericks.
This department leader will collaborate with a diverse group of key internal and external stakeholders from marketing, sales, corporate partnerships, creative services, public relations, and broadcasting to develop compelling content, support revenue-generating and data-capturing objectives, and drive engagement metrics.
Extensive knowledge in the digital platform space, an innovative spirit with technology, understanding of metrics and valuation of digital assets, and a strong editorial/content background are essential skills to be successful in this role.
A successful applicant will demonstrate strong digital marketing skills along with initiative, resourcefulness, and an ability to work creatively and proactively while collaborating in a team environment. We are looking for someone prepared to work in a fast-paced team environment but driven to take the initiative to succeed when presented with individual work responsibilities.
• Oversees digital communication strategy development and implementation; stays ahead of technology trends in the digital space and identifies opportunities for innovation; utilizes analytics to optimize efficiencies and performance.
• Oversees development, content distribution, engagement and growth for all Dallas Mavericks social platforms. Assists in an editorial capacity for content creation and distribution. Promotes teamwork and collaboration across multiple stakeholder departments.
• Works in collaboration with sponsorship to understand partner goals and create strategic plans to help meet those goals in conjunction with monetizing our digital assets
• Negotiate and manage relationships with third- party vendors and technology partners, as well as interface with league contacts and their vendors.
• Oversee the development of a robust mobile strategy, with a particular focus on app development and mobile responsiveness.
• Develops detailed reporting of digital property performance and educates stakeholders on a weekly/monthly basis to optimize performance; makes performance-based decisions on where to deploy creative content for best results.
• Creates a vision for digital asset value and identifies effective tactics to incorporate revenue-generating and lead-generating objectives into the digital strategy.
• Oversees the training, development, and professional growth of an industry-leading Digital Communications staff.
• Bachelor's degree in related field from an accredited university required.
• Advanced Degree Preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Digital property management role.
• Minimum of 7 years of Social Media and Digital Communications experience.
• Excellent editorial and analytical skills
• Must be to prepare and effectively communicate performance metrics
• Skills in CMS, Photoshop and Dreamweaver preferred.
• Skills in non linear editing preferred.
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and problem solve.
• Ability to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to lift 50lbs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you currently or have you ever worked for the Dallas Mavericks?
• Do you have a minimum of 5 years experience with digital media?
• Do you have a minimum of 5 years social media and digitial communication experience?