Cumulus Media Inc.Ventura, CA
Full Time Job
The Power of Radio is hiring!
Cumulus Media - Oxnard is offering a great opportunity for a Traffic Manager. Our ideal candidate should possess an extremely good work ethic, is a self-starter, and highly organized with the ability to work in a fast-paced office environment.
Who we are:
Cumulus owns and operates 445 radio stations in 90 U.S. markets, as well as Westwood One Networks, serving over 10,000 stations worldwide. Over 225 million people per week engage with a Cumulus or Westwood One asset making it an exciting and unique career opportunity! We are constantly creating new windows for success and strive to provide world class tools to help you succeed and reach your full potential as an employee. More recently, Cumulus is the proud creator of NASH, an exciting new lifestyle and entertainment brand targeting over 90 million country music fans nationwide.
Cumulus Media -Oxnard is seeking an experienced Traffic Manager for the Oxnard/Ventura region.
Cumulus Radio Oxnard/Ventura is looking for a Traffic Manager. The Traffic Manager manages the daily preparation and maintenance of on-air logs utilizing meticulous management of commercial inventory to maximize revenue. The greatest challenge is to provide advertisers with accurate commercial placement and billing, while working within company guidelines, procedure and deadlines. We strive to hire passionate, driven, resourceful, problem solvers who have the ability to grow and contribute to Cumulus' ongoing success.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Include, but not limited to, the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Daily use of software to schedule inventory in order to maximize station revenue on high demand stations in sell out situations
• Data and order entry
• Scheduling ad copy
• Posting of daily commercial logs
• Preparation and maintenance of reports
• Weekly affidavit processing of network and syndicated programming
• Coordinates endorsements and ''live reads'' with talent, Program Directors and Production
• Cross train with traffic personnel on all department duties and assist as backup when needed
• Ensure that all programs, commercials and public affairs materials are aired in accordance with Federal Communications Commission regulations and Cumulus's policies
• Radio or television experience in the traffic department and knowledge of the WideOrbit Traffic System, or similar system, is preferred
• Possess innovative problem solving and decision making skills to achieve station goals and work with Sales Representatives to efficiently accommodate advertisers and maintain revenue
• Dependable, responsible and displays excellent attention to detail, superior organizational skills, and excellent interpersonal skills
• Possess strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Office products (especially Excel)
• Demonstrate ability to work under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines with minimal supervision
• Possess strong analytical skills in order to analyze large quantities of data and identify critical trends
• Maintain professional demeanor, proven ability to multi-task amid constant interruptions, and a positive outlook
Cumulus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For immediate consideration, please complete the application process at https://www.cumulus.com/work-here/
Please send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to:
No phone calls please
1376 Walter Street, #6, Ventura, CA 93003
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online