This was removed by the employer on 11/14/2018 8:18:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Sports Category
Search for Event Coordinator jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Event Coordinator postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Event Coordinator? Job Title: Event Coordinator
Department: Event Staff
Reports To: Branch Manager and/or Senior Event Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Supervises Others: Yes
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
Event Coordinators will work with Event Managers to manage events and direct Event Staff Supervisors/Event Staff and provides guidance for appropriate responses to field situations based on company, client and/or venue policies and procedures.
This opening is mainly for Capital One Arena, home of the Washington Wizards, Washington Capitals, Washington Valor, Georgetown University Basketball, and many concerts and shows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The duties below reflect the minimum requirements for this position.
• Maintain a valid and current security guard license or its equivalent as required in the District of Columbia
• Teach and enforce operating standards
• Serves as a principal source of information on rules and procedures governing security and other event management operations
• Communicate with and ''brief'' event staff
• Manage supervisors/staff responsible for event coordination activities
• Coordinate details of events such as sporting events, concerts, conferences, trade shows and other various events.
• Define company brand through events.
• Ensure staff is adequately prepared for event.
• Prepares all paperwork, uniforms and equipment needed for event is available and the tasks assigned are completed as planned.
• Is present during the event and handle issues and problems as they arise before, during and after event.
• May use event vehicles ''golf carts'' when provided for events subject to completion company training
• Oversee care and return of all issued equipment
• Check that all staff are wearing appropriate uniforms
• Walking significant distances, including up and down stairs, as may be needed to roam throughout the venue
• Reliable transportation
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Sports Management, or related areas
• Ability to obtain Security Guard License in DC and Maryland
COMPUTER & EQUIPMENT SKILLS:
• General knowledge of computer operation, Microsoft programs and Office 365
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Should be good in client and customer relations
• Possess good people management and supervisory skills
• Ability to work and make decisions in a high paced, high pressure environment
• Able to work in a team setting
• Good problem-solving skills
• How did you hear about this job?
Apply with MVP Access
Want to improve your application?
Learn More This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.