Assistant Director/Director - Music & Talent
Creative LicenseNew york, NY
Full Time Job
Have you ever put a song or a celebrity in a commercial? Ever contributed to picking the right talent or music for a commercial project? Would you know how to put Matt Damon in a commercial for Lipitor in the US or Megan Fox in a shoe commercial that will run in Brazil or a Black Eyes Peas song for a Canadian soft drink? If you can answer yes to most or all of the above, we want to meet you!
ABOUT US: Creative License is a strategic entertainment marketing consultancy headquartered in New York City with offices around the world that helps Fortune 500 brands and their advertising agencies identify and secure the best fit popular music, celebrity talent and intellectual property for their advertising, marketing, and PR campaigns. Our passionate, high energy team works in a casual, unpretentious and uniquely team-oriented manner.
ABOUT THE ROLE: Assist or lead the team on various music supervision, celebrity talent, intellectual property licensing, and business development initiatives. The scope of the role spans from music supervision and licensing, to celebrity talent or influencer ideation/procurement (including SMEs, athletes, etc.), and intellectual property or UGC licensing for everything from on-camera, VO, to social media or PR initiatives, etc. The position includes extensive negotiation and client management as well as supporting our client research and development strategy. We are looking for someone who likes working closely with and supporting others. Someone who can be flexible, upbeat, optimistic, extremely organized, and relentless when it comes to getting challenging things accomplished. The title and salary will be commensurate with experience.
• 2-5 years of entertainment experience in music supervision, negotiation/licensing, celebrity talent ideation and procurement
• Prior client management experience is required
• Extremely current on music and celebrity pop culture including knowledge of past talent and music advertising/branding relationships
• Strategic and tactical - You're not afraid to manage the details and comfortable being at the center of the whirlwind
• Organizational and time management skills essential - Proven ability to multitask and prioritize
• Demonstrated written & oral communication skills - You can draft sensitive client communications and develop a client presentation
• Strong research, analytical & problem-solving skills - You always find a way to get ''it'' done regardless of obstacles
• Humility & passion - You can take criticism and have a sincere desire to learn
• Ability to work as a part of a team within a growing company, using intelligence, creativity and innovative thinking to build the
company, while maintaining the unique flavor, POV, and culture of the organization. We have a unique culture and the ability to
assimilate into that culture, learn and adopt values of that culture while keeping your own distinctive voice are all ingredients of the
kind of people who are successful here. MUST BE A TEAM PLAYER!
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent in the body of the email.
Do not send as an attachment. Apply Online