Intern - Music Discovery Urban
Create Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Internship semester: Summer (May - Aug 2019) - 3 months
Full time preferred, part time possible for right applicant. Part time interns are ineligible for stipend reimbursement.
WHO YOU ARE:
* Passionate about and have an open mind towards Urban (hip hop, rap, R&B, etc.) music.
* Driven towards a career in the music and/or entertainment industry.
* Watches YouTube daily.
* Well-versed in Internet culture and social media platforms (YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, etc.), maintaining thick skin while reviewing Internet memes.
* Enjoys studying YouTube video for hours and organizing information gleaned.
* Manages time wisely and stay laser-focused between research tasks.
* Proficient/familiar with Mac OSX, Microsoft Office, and Google Apps.
* A student or recent college grad.
* Strong understanding of online video markets (YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Musical.ly, Facebook)
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
* Assisting our Urban Division by providing extensive research on music markets and monetization opportunities.
* Discovering new artists and content creators through daily research on YouTube.
* Gathering analytics on YouTube.
* Compiling data into spreadsheets for review.
* Day-to-day office tasks (running staff errands, updating spreadsheets and other administrative work).
You must be willing to treat every experience as an opportunity to grow. This is not an experience in production or content creation. Rather, you will learn how to navigate the daily operations of research and development for an MCN, and you will begin establishing your own network of music industry connections.
* Snacks, coffee, & tea
* Relaxed dress code
* Pet friendly office
* Collaborative & exciting work environment
* Opportunities to shadow mentors meeting with clients
Reimbursement stipend per full month worked, and course credit is available upon request. Part time interns are ineligible for stipend reimbursement.
Send your resume and cover letter. Feel free to wow us with your passion for music and learning! Note: Applications without both will not be considered.
WHO WE ARE:
Create Music Group is an LA-based digital music company that provides artists and labels with distribution, rights management, and creative services. As a multi-channel network (MCN), we monetize over 8 billion monthly music streams by our clients. YouTube monetization is the arm of Create that provides the consulting and production resources for our clients to grow their audience and earnings.
We currently represent mass amounts of YouTube channels for our artists and social media influencers including Future, Migos; Marshmello, Porter Robinson, Dillon Francis, Don Diablo; Young Thug, Trippie Redd, Soulja Boy; Jacob Sartorius, and others.
We welcome you to join us in our effort to help artists be in control!
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online