Videographer / Editor
Full Time Job
VIDEOGRAPHER / EDITOR
• At least 2 years of videography, cinematography and similar camera operator experience working on short-form television, digital content, social media, and/or in an internal corporate media production environment
• Strong understanding and knowledge of digital video cinematography, lighting, audio and similar
• Proficiency with digital video cameras (including but not limited to Panasonic GH4, Panasonic DVX200, GoPros, RED and the like), lighting techniques and audio recording, as well as the ability to know/use/learn new software in the future
• Must be creative, highly motivated and action oriented
• Must be able to take direction, adhere to a schedule and deliver in a timely fashion
• Must demonstrate strong and creative video & audio recording techniques through proper equipment manipulation & set-up, indoor/outdoor scene lighting, clean audio recording, as well as a command of shot framing, knowledge and efficiency in use of pro video accessories to achieve stylized shots
• Be a project and time management superstar within a SUPER fast-paced environment
• Be able to work within a team as well as work independently with minimal supervision, as needed
• Eager to be creative and think outside the box
• Ability to wear multiple hats, even outside your job description (especially on non-shooting days)
• Editing experience on Premiere Pro (After Effects a plus)
• Ability to anticipate and effectively communicate and solve practical & creative problems or issues
• Know-how and experience troubleshooting and solving issues with cameras, grip & electric gear, audio equipment and the like
• Strong emphasis on attention to detail
• Experience, knowledge or a passion for firearms and/or shooting sports a HUGE PLUS these applicants go to top of the list!
Videographer will work alongside and take direction from Content Producer and Content Production Manager conceptualizing look and style of content, as needed, shoot video footage (live action/B-roll/green screen/etc) with little to no support; both in office, studio and on-location. This position requires clear communication with keys, to ensure success. Videographer will perform soup-to-nuts audio & video recording, taking a raw concept or scripted plan from the page, through the lens and ultimately onto SD card. Must be able to be a jack-of-all traits on set, while working professionally alongside others, in any environment. Team player a must. Assess and resolve technical and creative issues. Achieve continuity between multiple projects while working against very aggressive deadlines. Actively maintain expertise in the latest technology trends, techniques, and tools related to planning and recording of audio and video elements. This position will wear multiple hats, and possibly be tasked with other responsibilities outside of strictly videography. We are looking for someone who has some experience under their belt and wants to join a growing team to ultimately grow themselves within a creative team. Energetic go-getters, with a can-do attitude, please apply!
BA or BS in communications, art, film, broadcast, cinematography, media production, or related field (preferred but not required)
Must submit a demo reel / portfolio that clearly demonstrates your cinematography / camera operation ability (both visual and audio work), as well as samples of editing work.
Looking for someone to start sometime between 2/27 to 3/4.
Trial for a few weeks first, then if all goes well staff.
MUST BE LOCAL TO HOUSTON -- IN OFFICE ONLY
Salary: $24.00 to $32.00 /hour --- based on experience
ALSO, if you have any equipment yourself, please send list Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online