ConfidentialNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The President/ COO will be joining our company at an exciting time as the company begins a technological and cultural transformation. Working with the support of the current Executive Leadership, the central role for this candidate is to be the driving force in the evolution and management of the current business strategy, culture, technologies, policies, standards, processes and directorates to drive value across the Global TV Entertainment & Media business, while assisting in the transition of the company into a full fledge television and content studio, with offices in Los Angeles, New York and Stockholm.
The selected candidate will also be expected to manage a global staff of 30 professionals, develop immediate and long-term strategy for the company, and create and oversee our annual budgets for production costs and operating expenses in the $40-60 million range for 2018.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Understand current and formulate future corporate strategic plans and fundamental business activities at the Company
• Be an active member of the executive level team of both companies with overall responsibilities for corporate and division P&L's, operations, and human resources
• Work collaboratively across both companies to create operating leverage, scale technology, lower ownership economics, and manage human resources as appropriate and impactful;
• Work with all executives to prioritize initiatives and spending;
• Oversee production budgets on all projects;
• Create a distribution strategy and help secure deals with Digital, Brand, Television, Theatrical and Physical partners;
• Negotiate favorable sign offs and publishing deals with major record labels and publishers for our projects;
• Lead a cross-functional organization that may draw upon the resources and technical expertise from our production division and other technology organizations;
• Provide strategic and tactical guidance for programs and projects and establish metrics to evaluate the effectiveness;
• Spearhead and evaluate business cases in collaboration with key business partners for new initiatives in terms of value proposition - both tangible and intangible;
• Expand the company's work-for-hire division to leverage the creative talent within the company to provide services to outside partners;
• Foster innovation in applying new technologies. Monitor the latest technology innovations and evaluate their potential for business impact.
B.S. degree in Business Management or Administration or related field strongly preferred.
20+ years in related field, with at least 5 years in a high level senior management role.
Extensive business relationship management experience, especially in the formulation of strategy, as well as associated standards, policies and frameworks.
Minimum 10 years' experience in production and television, ideally as a Producer or Production Executive at a major company. Music Video experience, a bonus.
Deep contacts in the Music, Television and Technology sectors mandatory.
Outstanding leadership competencies with the ability to motivate and focus a diverse team on a common goal of delivering cutting edge solutions to meet aggressive business demands in an ever changing environment.
Exceptional communication and influencing skills, especially with business stakeholders.
Desired Characteristics & Qualifications
Must be flexible, and have a creative approach to business, with demonstrated track record of aligning production and content division objectives and programs to business objectives and strategies.
Strong sense of urgency and commitment, as well as sound business sense with a strategic, conceptual and operational orientation.
High degree of financial acumen a plus - proven track record of discovering and executing on financial deliverables
Significant experience advising and representing senior executives and business line leadership on all technology related issues.
Exceptional influencing skills and preferred experience working across many areas and levels of an organization.
Excellent relationships with key vendors and other relevant industry contacts, especially Silicon Valley, Major Record Labels, TV Networks and Ad Agencies.
Highly collaborative; personally, and professionally self-aware; able to and interested in interacting with employees at all levels; embody integrity; and represent and inspire the highest ethical standards.
Careful listener with the confidence to make crisp and tough decisions about difficult issues; natural propensity to make others feel that their view points and perspectives are adequately considered; great judge of talent and a superb role model for future leaders; ability to retain, develop and attract best-in-class talent from inside and outside the organization.
A highly service-orientated approach with a track record of improving service levels and client satisfaction.
Experience advising and interfacing with senior executives and business line leadership on technology related issues.
Passion for and interest in media and entertainment industry highly desired.
Experience operating in a global business context preferred.
Must have years of high level media experience
To be negotiated depending on experience. Full health benefits and stock options will be given
Our Company partnership is between two independent content studios, specializing in Celebrity-Driven A-list content. Both companies specialize in Music and Documentary content with major stars, with an emphasis on live event and travel. The company currently is the Producer of the TV Series ''Landmarks Live in Concert'' airing on PBS in the US and has several other shows in Development and Production. The Company's Documentary Division is the Distributor, Financier and/ or Co-Producer of numerous award-winning Documentaries and has many top awards. The partnership's goal is to become one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and distribution of unique content to a global audience. The Companyp owns and operates a valuable portfolio of Music and Documentary content. The Company's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. The Companyp will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online