Paralegal / Legal Assistant
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Independent film production studio is looking for a motivated, organized paralegal or legal assistant to provide support, under the supervision of one or more attorneys, for a number of film and television companies and projects.
The successful candidate will possess the ability to work efficiently and independently; manage and prioritize tasks and projects; think creatively and be proactive in solving problems; and have great attention to detail and organization skills. Since this is an independent company, the position does not require a specific period of working hours, which may be attractive to those candidates who require flexible schedules so long as the individual is able to complete tasks and meet deadlines.
- Drafts contracts and/or other legal documents for attorney review and approval, with a high degree of competence, knowledge, legal judgment and drafting skill.
- Work closely with the production team on production legal, delivery and guild matters
- Correspondence with guilds (SAG, DGA, WGA and IATSE)
- Prepare deal summaries and contract abstracts.
- Maintain legal department calendar and track important milestone dates.
- May conduct administrative support activities.
- Additional duties dependent on experience and need.
- 2 years paralegal and/or legal assistant experience in the entertainment industry.
- General working knowledge of customary entertainment contracts and issues.
- BA degree.
- Experience with guild (SAG, DGA, WGA and IATSE) rules and regulations.
JD candidates need not apply.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online