Paid Intern - National Film Publicity
ConfidentialNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
NY Publicity office of Major Film Studio seeking part time paid intern for upcoming Summer 2019 cycle, June through August
We believe the successful candidate has previous administrative experience, is a great communicator, is proactive and able to adapt to shifting priorities, is resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues and is thorough (completes tasks and follows up). We are not necessarily looking for someone with previous film or PR experience but we're hoping they have some sort of interest in the industry and/or department. The intern will work on multiple film campaigns at a time, sit in on publicity meetings with our LA team, gain additional admin experience and schedule informationals with our NY VPs and Senior Publicists, and have the opportunity to handle talent at NY premieres and events.
• Distribute newspapers & magazines to the team on a daily basis
• Review magazines, newspapers & websites on a daily basis to circulate any Universal film mentions
• Send out Monday morning broadcast list
• Compile magazine on-sale dates, editorial calendars & mastheads
• Update publicity calendar & dark dates memo
• Create & maintain screening and reaction memos, all media RSVP lists & awards screening lists
• Assist with screening check-in and writing post-screening recaps
• Assist in updating talent & filmmaker NY schedules
• Occasionally cover talent & filmmakers at NY premieres
• Assist at NY press junkets & special screenings
• Participate in brainstorming sessions
• Compile reviews for the opening day review chart
• Oversee press mailers
• Order supplies for the office
• Book conference rooms for weekly meetings
• Occasionally cover desk phones in the absence of assistant/coordinators
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online