Music Manager Assistant
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Boutique management and marketing agency in the music industry is seeking a part-time assistant to help in organizing the founder's professional and personal life balance. This is a remote position, although you're welcome to work alongside me a few days a month in Hollywood. Working alongside me gives you insight into my ''process.''
Responsibilities will include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Manage my meeting schedule. I take many meetings throughout the month (labels, publishers, artist managers, potential biz dev partners, DSPs, music rights organizations, etc.). I need someone to find a date and time slot on my calendar and complete the necessary information (call-in info if a conference call, meeting room booking if it will be a formal in-person meeting at my spot, web scheduling if it will be a video conference).
- Note taking. Often, deliverables are set and informal commitments are made (for further following up) during meetings. I need someone to take notes and summarize deliverables and opportunities after the meeting.
- Attend networking events (when available/applicable). This is more of a benefit than a task. I try to attend as many networking events as possible. Some of them are members-only or member plus guest. As a member of several music industry organizations I try to stay current on what's happen in the organizations and attend their member events. You will need to periodically review each organizations upcoming events calendar and make recommendations to me of events to attend.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions around any one of my many projects (artists and other engagements that are music, PR and brand related).
- Proofread materials. I write/design a lot of proposals and materials. It's always great to have an extra set of eyes.
- Other tasks/responsibilities related to my world as a music industry professional
- Projects would be basic organizational support as well as creating projects together
- Help to carve out time for mental health endeavors
In addition to inviting you to some interesting events and meetings, I would be happy to dedicate some time a few times a month to specifically advise you on your career as an aspiring or emerging music industry professional and make introductions to individuals in my network (when/where it's appropriate).
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online