Lead AE / Avid Tech
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Reports To: Head of Post Production
Status: Regular, Full-time, Exempt
Department: Post Production
Location: West LA
Shift: Day position, but nights weekends when needed
Salary: Based on experience
Status: Non Union
Busy post-production facility is looking for an experienced Lead AE/Avid tech to work across multiple projects and help oversee the post infrastructure for the entire company. Avid certification (ACSR) and/or widespread experience with Avid Media composer/ISIS/Nexis is required. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to shift focus when necessary. They also must have the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Serve as first line of technical support for all AVID/Nexis/Post Gear troubleshooting
• Help maintain and develop all post-production technology while ensuring we are utilizing our resources to their maximum capabilities
• Help standardize workflows while keeping an eye to the future with equipment and software upgrades
• Maintain the post technology infrastructure & company workflows
• Oversee the set up and launch of all new projects that come through post. After the initial set up, larger projects will be handed off to individual teams, and smaller projects will be managed by this lead AE/Avid Tech position.
Education and Work Experience:
• Avid ASCR certification or 5+ years supporting an Avid based post production facility
• Must have experience with:
o Advanced AVID troubleshooting to serve as first line of technical support
o Develop, design and maintain data infrastructure (SAN, ethernet network, etc)
o LTO library setups, particularly Storage DNA (expansions, organization, backup, security, etc.)
o Evaluating performance & condition of ISIS/Nexis storage and projects within.
o Understanding of security as it relates to data, infrastructure, and post environment.
o Machine room networking/patching and integrated switches
o File backup & transfer procedures
o File encoding & conversions, specifically related to mixed frame rate media.
o Avid offline procedures (maintaining current workflows and creating new more efficient methods as needed)
o Transcoding/Grouping/Syncing Multi Cam footage
o Offline/Online media management, project backups, project wrap procedures
o FTP upgrades/changes
o Fast file delivery methods (Aspera, Mediasilo, etc.)
o Post computer imaging (and other imaging if needed)
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online