Head of Production
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Commercial Production company is seeking an experienced Head of Production.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary especially in the bidding process, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. Candidate MUST have Commercial Production experience.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Work with Finance, Legal, Post & external production teams on establishing key production schedules and workflows.
• Hiring seasoned Line Producers and crew
• Hiring Post production producers and Editors.
• Knowledge of Unions and AICP contracts.
• Work with Agency Producers and Line Producers to prepare budgets and schedules, providing feedback on viability and risks
• Knowledge of Production Insurance
• Collaborate with Directors and Executive Producers to lock budget
• Track & manage all costs with Finance, ensuring that any overages are accounted for.
• Help ensure that productions run smoothly, meet deadlines and stay within budget
• Collaborate with internal teams (including Post) & external production team to lock schedule
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Determine key vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
• Help maintain/curate preferred vendor list
• BA/BS Degree; 5 Years experience in commercial production
• This candidate should currently have the title of Head of Production, VP or SVP
• Ability to handle a fast paced environment simultaneously supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the Post Production process
• Access to roster of high quality producers
• Ability to respond after-hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Comfortable with travel
• Willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production process and gear
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Hotbudget, Microsoft Word, Excel,Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
We offer an attractive compensation package consisting of base salary, 401K, and benefits
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online