ConfidentialNorth Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Non-Scripted Company is seeking a Development Associate to join the Development Department in a full-time, staff position. This position will include heavy research, outreach, cold calls, Skype/phone-based interviews and supporting pitch work. This is a great opportunity for entry-level Development candidates with an interest in Unscripted TV Development. Applicants must be efficient, great on the phone, able to identify exciting TV personalities/stories and eager to work in a fast-paced environment. Applicants with Coordinating experience are also welcome.
• Position provides internal support to Development Department primarily focusing on research and casting.
• Searches for undiscovered talent for potential projects
• Expected to perform phone and Skype casting
• Researches for new ideas based on Development Department supervisory direction.
• Assists Development Executives with their ongoing projects
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
• The position requires an individual comfortable with working independently and in a team environment
• This position requires the highest level of confidentiality to be maintained at all times
• Must be excellent and internet research and be able to go beyond a basic Google search
• Must be able to manage heavy email and phone correspondence
• May be asked to help in the planning of field production
• Should have basic camera work knowledge for casting
• Should have basic post-production editing skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Communication skills: including cold casting and impromptu interviews, writing, and email
• Ability to perform unique and innovative research methods
• Basic camera operation experience
• Basic post editing skills
• Knowledge of FCP, Avid and Skype
• Atop current trends pertaining to television and pop culture
• Innate sense of storytelling
• Valid Driver License and excellent driving record
• This position requires heavy computer use so the candidate must be able to sit for the duration of their shift.
• This position may require some fieldwork so transporting film equipment on occasion.
• This position works in a very busy environment.
• This position will not require occasional local and out of state travel.
• This position may require the use of a company or personal vehicle for work-related tasks.
This is a full-time position. Employees are eligible for health benefits, sick pay, and 401(k).
This company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or other protected characteristics, and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, when and as required by law.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online