Controller / Accounting Coordinator
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Bi-Coastal based talent agency is seeking a Controller / Accounting Coordinator ; duties include but are not limited to:
• Act as a liaison to clients, managers, and all other entities for solving payment & collection related issues and answering questions
• Process client payments in accordance with the collective bargaining agreements, client contracts, and agency agreements/policies
• Manage accounts receivable, keep division heads abreast of collection issues
• Correspond with production, payroll companies, clients, business managers, and other entities in order to collect client's payments and/or agency commission
• Oversee accounts payable, ensure vendors payments are released on schedule
• Coordinate escrows: agreements, receipt of funds and release of payments as necessary
• Collaborate with management companies, attorneys, and other third parties to ensure check authorizations and all other related documents are on file
• Make sure bookings are logged correctly, allocated splits are recorded, and enter/send invoices when necessary
• Track/verify commercial renegotiation information, prepare necessary correspondence with ad agencies, and reports for agents
• Answer agency contract questions and assist with necessary modifications
• Reconcile bank accounts on a monthly basis
• Coordinate 1099 information for CPA firm
• Track model accounts, log advances, reconcile credit card expenses, produce mother agent reports and disburse commissions
• Produce client reports for agents and clients when requested
• Additional responsibilities/projects as deemed necessary
• Bachelors degree
• At least 4 years of experience in an agency or management finance/accounting or business affairs department
• Understanding of SAG-AFTRA agreements and print/non-union commercial contracts
• Knowledge of the agency commissioning process and experience processing client payments; talent, model, and other entity splits
• Understanding of the AP/AR process, invoicing, collections and aging reports
• Familiarity with the DLSE and talent agency contracts
• Proficient in MS office, specifically excel, outlook, and access, and quickbooks.
• Ability to multi task and act with high levels of professional discretion
Please email your resume and cover letter and available start date. All inquiries will be kept strictly confidential.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online