Bilingual Coordinator, Digital Publicity
ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
We're a full-service boutique consumer public relations agency with offices located in Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and New York. We're dedicated to multicultural marketing with special focus on the U.S. Hispanic market. Our expertise spans media and community relations, publicity, events, grassroots/experiential marketing, online/social media, sponsorship development and activation, and crisis communications. We are looking to hire a publicity coordinator that is eager to join our thriving consumer and entertainment teams in the LA office. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the film, TV, technology, and community/education as our clients vary from consumer to entertainment clients; those include Comcast Corporation, Universal Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate, California Lottery, and Cine Sony Television. This publicist would work in the digital division, reaching out and pitching announcements and releases to bloggers, online media and social media influencers. This person will be expected to secure coverage for all clients and already have a strong base of relationships with digital media. Additionally, the candidate should have experience setting up paid activations with social media influencers and negotiations proposals for clients.
The candidate should be:
• Be able to work on multiple projects at the same time (we often have deadlines on the same week/day and new projects/assignments from clients that come up without advance notice)
• Have the ability to think creatively and come out to culturally-relevant stunts
• Leverage the best media opportunities for our clients
• Know how to cross promote across digital platforms
• Have a strong relationship with social media influencers and bloggers
• Have a solid knowledge on how to set up paid social media activations and digital sponsorships
• Understand social media activity and have the ability to adapt to new digital trends
• Our ideal candidate is proactive, loves to work hard and have fun in the process. We are looking for someone with 1+ years of experience and a passion for working on everything from launches of new technology and products to streaming services, and community news/topics.
• An understanding of the Hispanic consumer landscape
• Must be fully bilingual, Spanish and English
• A college degree is required
• At least 1-year of agency and/or marketing experience.
• Strong computers skills are required, including knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point
• Have knowledge on how to use Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro and can design/create graphics and invites from scratch
• Strong overall communication skills in person and over conference calls
• Must be able to multi-task under pressure and maintain a high level of organization.
• Strong written skills are a must
• Detail oriented, with the ability to manage multiple ongoing activities
• Creative/proactive thinking and a problem-solving attitude
• Social media expert
• The ability to research story angles to secure placements for our clients
• Ability to work with others in a team environment
• Oversee digital publicity for the agency across all clients (blogs, social media influencers, digital tastemakers)
• Be the point person at the agency to provide strategy for digital and influencer efforts
• Pitch announcements, new trailers, film content, talent interviews and press tours to bloggers in all categories (lifestyle, parenting, entertainment, foodie, DIY, etc)
• Coordinate paid content creation and activations with Youtubers, vloggers, and social content creators
• Set up promo item and product giveaways
• Coordinate barter giveaways with bloggers for unpaid blog posts
• Secure coverage on the influencers' social media accounts for all clients via press mailers
• Oversee the agency's social media accounts and strategy; support with daily postings and monitoring
• Build strong relationships with influencers
• Update weekly status reports with the coverage they secure and/or updates on conversation with bloggers/media
• Send out press breaks of the coverage secured in the proper format in a timely manner (reporting results is just as important as securing the hits)
• Assist with publicity events such as press events, product demos, blogger summits, premieres, and media tours.
• Write press releases, media alerts for events, pitches, and recaps for clients.
• Secondary day-to-day contact for multiple clients
• Stay current with new media trends and incorporate as appropriate
• Proactive media relations - pitching traditional digital and bloggers, developing relationships and uncovering new outlets
• Develop comprehensive media lists and maintain film/TV team press database
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online