ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Job Title: Associate Attorney
Job Description: Full time position
Boutique transactional entertainment law firm seeks a highly motivated and detailed oriented associate attorney who is currently based in Los Angeles. One-three years of entertainment law experience is preferred. Primary responsibilities include negotiating deals, heavy drafting and reviewing agreements, and counseling with respect to feature projects, new media, digital content, scripted and non-scripted television projects on behalf of writers, actors, directors, producers, studios and company clients. This position offers exposure to a wide variety of transactional entertainment matters and direct contact and communication with clients. It also offers an opportunity for professional growth and business development in addition to the servicing of clients.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Admitted to practice in the State of California and graduated from an ABA accredited law school;
- No entertainment experience is required but a minimum of one to three years of entertainment experience at an entertainment law firm or studio is preferred. Must have strong long term interest in entertainment law;
- Excellent drafting and organization skills, great attention to detail and ability to prioritize;
- Critical pro-active analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Multitasking, computer and technology skills. Must have general computer skills, advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Power Point
- Self starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks;
- Strong interpersonal skills and strong communication skills (written and verbal);
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle a high volume of work in a timely manner;
- Positive can-do attitude and strong work ethic;
- Desire to establish relationships and socialize with other talent representatives and work on business and client development for the firm. This aspect involves having meals and attending evening activities.
Enjoys a challenging opportunity and a fast paced environment.
Job Code: Legal
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online