Administrative Specialist / Assistant
ConfidentialNorth Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ FIRST
We are in the media and entertainment technology industry.
We are not a production or post-production facility. This is not for those interested in working on Film or TV sets or those who want to delve into creative post-production such as editing, special effects or trailer creation, etc. If that is what you are looking for, this is not for you.
Entertainment media company looking for an administrative specialist to perform multiple office administration duties as well as some personal items for the CEO of the company. Looking for a Jack/Jane of all trades that has general knowledge in all things related to technology (not an expert but enough to be dangerous) as well as a natural tendency to be extremely organized, a perfectionist and a stickler for process.
Hoping to find the right person that encompasses all these traits.
Our company is small but family-like where we all wear multiple hats. As the company grows, we look internally for advancement first. Therefore, there is opportunity within.
You will report directly to the CEO of the company and your job will require you to be self-sufficient and be trusted with both company and personal items. You will use computers, answer phones, organize records, and manage other office-related tasks; you may also handle substantive administrative projects as they arise. In addition to computer skills, you'll need good communication and customer service skills, along with knowledge of office equipment. Making travel arrangements and drafting office correspondence may also be part of your job. Taking notes during meetings and following up on action items for staff, etc. Answering front door, mailing items, handling guests, etc.
Picking up meals for CEO and for meetings as/when needed. Etc. etc. etc.
Other items may include:
- managing events and administrative projects.
- shipping/receiving mail, assets, etc.
- Inserting upcoming events into calendar
- Reminders and prepping for upcoming events
- Keeping notes on action items from meetings and follow up on due dates
- Office organization
- CEO direct assistance with all related matters (assistant tasks) both personal and company related
- Picking up, delivering, etc. as needed
- Researching items as needed
- Social Media postings
• Basic technical knowledge in digital media, gaming, computers, Internet
• An understanding and interest in technology - basic programming understanding, Photoshop, video editing, audio/video hardware setup (Blu-ray players, TV's, receivers, Apple TV's, etc.)
• EXTREMELY organized and meticulous with dates, numbers, processes, managing things, etc.
• Proactive, self-motivated, takes initiative, perfectionist.
• Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications
• Knowledge of creating and managing spreadsheets
• Knowledge of creating and managing Power Point presentations
• Skilled at researching online information for providing support to different departments
• Unique ability to prepare and present seminars using PowerPoint and multimedia tools
• Knowledge of creating and working with databases using Microsoft Access
• Understanding of mail merges, macros and pivot tables
• Excellent knowhow of Google Docs, Drive and Calendar
• Particularly effective in graphic manipulation software such as Photoshop
• Adept at using social media in order to create and maintain company's presence
• Knowledge of using Dropbox and Trello
• Proficient in using the Internet. Email and search engines
• Firsthand experience in resolving minor troubleshooting issues on personal computers and laptops
• Profound knowledge of converting paper data into a computerized form, keeping integrity intact
• Exceptional knowledge of using data entry software and performing data entry tasks with accuracy and precision
$12 - $14
9:30am - 5pm Monday - Friday
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online