ConfidentialLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Small film production company in Hollywood seeking a dynamic accounting assistant. The ideal person will be a motivated self starter who is willing to roll up their sleeves and dive in. Production accounting experience is a BIG PLUS.
The position is responsible for recording the company's business transactions (data entry) and maintaining accurate records within the accounting program. Additional duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Codes and inputs all accounts payable (invoices, check requests, etc.)
• Prepares weekly accounts payable package for review by the VP, Accounting
• Processes purchase orders.
• Directs incoming accounting correspondence
• Prepares all outgoing payments upon approval.
• Prepares and initiates (with approval) bank and wire transfers.
• Fields vendor correspondence.
• Reconciles various accounts
• Bank reconciliations
• Keep accounting records
• Accounts Receivable
• Data entry
• General journal entries as proposed or prepared by the VP, Accounting
• Compilation of project-specific documentation
• General accounting department filing
• Creation of ad hoc spreadsheets
• General accounting department projects
• Assists the VP, Accounting as needed.
Benefits: Full medical & dental, 401K, 2 Weeks vacation.
Qualifications: Candidates should have excellent attention to detail, strong Microsoft Excel skills, solid communication skills,and Quickbooks experience.
RESUMES THAT DO NOT REFLECT THE QUALIFICATIONS WE ARE SEEKING WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THE POSITION.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online