ConfidentialNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Confidential - New York, NY US
Major entertainment company with offices in New York & Los Angeles is seeking an Accountant to join our finance department in the NY office. In this role, candidates will learn how the company works from the inside, as well as how actors are paid for various types of work (films/TV, commercials, voice-over, digital, literary).
This is a mid-level role with great opportunity for advancement and growth within the finance department. We are looking for candidates who are interested in pursuing a long-term role in entertainment finance or business affairs.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing accounts
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Summarizes current financial status by collection information; preparing balances sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports
- Substantiates financial transaction by auditing documents
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Maintain financial security by following internal controls
- Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements
- Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements
- Processing incoming payments for clients across all departments
- Preparing payment mailings and bank deposits
- Interacting with clients & their representatives, ensuring clear, correct communication regarding the status of payments
- Filing contracts, in coordination with the agency's Contracts Administration
- Working on various projects that aid in the overall operations of the agency
Accountant Qualifications and Skills:
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
- 5+ years of Accounting experience
- Accounting experience within the entertainment industry is a plus
- Experience with QuickBooks
- Strong analytical skills, accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to meet business critical deadlines
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office, accounting software and databases, 10-key
- Excellent organization, problem-solving, project management, communication skills, ability to use high level of discretion/confidentiality
- Full-Time, Exempt
- Medical/Dental Coverage, FSA, 401k
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online