Team Assistant - Business & Legal Affairs - Comedy Central
Comedy CentralNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Are you passionate about Television and Comedy and want to learn the business side of TV? If so, join our incredible Business & Legal affairs team.
We provide day-to-day business and legal services for Comedy Central programming from production matters for original series and specials to ancillary businesses, such the Presidential Twitter Library book and sketches. We work closely with all departments including Development, Production, Integrated Marketing and also help structure business deals.
You will support three Vice Presidents and as otherwise needed in Comedy Central’s East Coast Business & Legal Affairs Department.
• You will field incoming phone calls and maintain up-to-date contacts.
• You will schedule and coordinate the planning of department events and outings, schedule & book conference rooms, coordinate internal and external meetings and respond to facility issues, conference calls and other business appointments, in addition to handling travel arrangements and expense reports.
• You will circulate, track, follow-up, and distribute documents including contracts, correspondence, and status charts and reports.
• You will maintain well-organized digital filing systems.
• You will perform various other organizational and support functions including, but not limited to, ordering office supplies and providing backup support to the other executives and members of the department.
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Passionate about TV and Comedy, strong interest in the business side of entertainment
• Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, Excel
• Extraordinary communication skills including, without limitation, maintaining a professional demeanor while calmly and efficiently handling a large volume of phone calls and paperwork.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to multitask, properly prioritize and meet deadlines. Quick turnaround time on most assignments required.
• Display tremendous attention to detail
• Be reciprocal and maintain a positive attitude in a demanding fast paced environment.
• Ability to exercise solid business judgment and maintain confidentiality.
• Highly motivated and resourceful self-starter with excellent follow-through skills. Ability to anticipate and properly resolve administrative issues/problems without relying on senior executives input or direction.
• Demonstrated enthusiasm in the entertainment industry, particularly comedy and/or television.
• Should have the flexibility to work overtime as needed.