Senior Director, Production
Comedy CentralHollywood, CA
Full Time Job
The Senior Director of Production for Comedy Central will report directly to the VP of Production and is involved throughout all phases of the producing process from development to completion of a project. The Senior Director may initiate, supervise, and control all production matters such as planning, scheduling, budgeting and hiring of key personnel for various projects; is an expert in the field of physical production and assures overall quality of projects.
The Senior Director is responsible for ensuring productions on its team's slate are on schedule, moving forward and on budget but also as they factor into the overall Programming schedule and budget. The Senior Director simultaneously oversees production for multi-platform productions, manages and develops internal and freelance staff, pursues strategic initiatives for the group and collaborates across all groups to achieve shared business goals.
• The Senior Director of Production assumes oversight of projects or assigns them to executives on the team and supervises the work of the Managers, Coordinators and Assistants across the department
• Participating in long range planning and scheduling for Programming and Creative
• Leading and setting department goals for improvement and growth.
• Review and approval 3rd party and in-house production budgets, cash flows and cost reports.
• Developing processes and systems for efficient and thorough communication between network groups and shows.
• Initiating and moderating discussion on conceptual and practical issues with various stakeholders and groups contributing across the company.
• Acting as a liaison between outside Producers and in-house Creative Executives on select current and development projects, assigning to other Production executives as needed.
• Work with BALA Labor to appropriately set up projects and strategize about the best available options for the future.
• Attracting and retaining production companies, line producers, and other key talent.
• Mining competitive data and following trends which might reveal better production models; developing new efficiency and cost-saving plans.
• Continually monitoring all projects in progress with respect to financial, schedule and legal concerns.
• Maintaining constant awareness of industry trends and keeping up to date on all new technology with an eye to incorporating those elements into the Production department and production process.
• Work closely with colleagues to jointly deliver business results
• Managing special projects, whether it be research or analyzing data, including those requested directly by the EVP of Production
• Bachelor’s degree preferred; or, equivalent experience
• Minimum of 7 years’ cumulative industry experience in both freelance or long-term TV production
• Must have an understanding of the corporate environment; experience working with unions
• Working knowledge of all types of comedy production including: multi-camera, sketch, stand up and scripted programs
• Ability to perform under stress, flexibility, as well as an awareness of the importance of maintaining relationships with key external and internal producers/companies
• Must be extremely goal-oriented with the ability to prioritize
• Must be skilled using Movie Magic Budgeting and MS Office Software