Film Festival Senior Coordinator
COLCOA French Film FestivalLos Angeles, CA
Part Time Job
Recognized as one of Los Angeles' leading film festivals, the COLCOA French Film Festival is an annual celebration of the very best of French cinema at the Directors Guild of America taking place this year September 23-28 2019. The festival has successfully grown for the past 20 years and the Senior Coordinator's position is being created to further develop our relationship with the industry, generate in-kind partnerships and be responsible for a high level of multi-tasking and ad hoc tasks before and during the festival in close relationship with the Deputy Director and Director.
An understanding and empathy with French culture is essential. Potential applicants are welcome to discuss the position with Anouchka van Riel, Deputy Director. The applicant needs to be based in LA.
The position is part time June 10th - Sep 15th and the Senior Festival Coordinator will be working from home before the festival, full time working at the DGA Sep 16 - Oct 4.
Pay: $10,000 flat
• Identify prospects, solicit and secure in-kind sponsors
• Write proposals and handle incoming in-kind sponsorship inquiries
• Responsible for execution of in-kind sponsor and donor benefits prior to, during, and after the Festival, including gathering all marketing materials and creating a wrap report at the conclusion of the Festival
• Identify new industry partnerships on behalf of the festival, coordinate requests and invitations
• Oversee ticket and pass requests and fulfillment for industry and sponsor guests and liaise with Box Office and Management to ensure guests' needs are met.
• Maintain organized record of all documents related to in-kind sponsors and industry partner involvement
• Write thank yous for partners post-festival and submit a final report delineating what worked and what can be improved for next year's festival
• Coordinate a variety of ad-hoc requests one week before and during the festival with an emphasis on in-kind partners and industry guests
• An interest in cinema;
• Must be a self-starter, proactive and driven, with a strong work ethic, a high level of motivation, a strong sense of urgency when needed, the ability to work without direct supervision and consistently meet deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent COLCOA positively and professionally to a range of supporters and partners; superior writing skills
• The ability and willingness to work flexible hours
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel as well as Google docs is necessary
• Marketing experience a plus but not required
COLCOA, the largest French Film Festival in the world was founded in 1997 by The Franco-American Cultural Fund, a unique collaborative effort of the Directors Guild of America, the Motion Picture Association, the Writers Guild of America West, and France's Society of Authors Composers and Publishers of Music (SACEM). COLCOA is the acronym of ''City of Light, City of Angels'' the original name of an event celebrating relationships between filmmakers from Paris and Los Angeles, the two historic capitals of cinema. COLCOA is committed to promoting new French films in the U.S. and to showcasing the diversity of French cinema and French television programs. In 23 years, 800+ films have been showcased. COLCOA has continually evolved to become an 6-day showcase of 80+ films, with a capacity of more than 23,000 moviegoers in 2018, and an average of 3,000 attendees per day. The festival takes place the last week of September at the Directors Guild of America. More at www.colcoa.org
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online