Spring Paid Intern - TV Research & Analytics
CNNNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
Spring 2019 - CNN TV Research & Analytics Intern (New York)
What does our department do?
CNN TV Research and Analytics team provides data analysis and insights on the TV Media landscape and CNN's performance across various programming. - The team blends primary and secondary research to inform a variety of high profile internal stakeholders with strategic insights.
What will you be doing?
• Develop a deep understanding of the television landscape and media research, and how they intersect
• Collect, verify and summarize multiplatform television data across various sources, such as CNN linear TV data, VOD, SVOD (Hulu, Netflix), and digital
• Aid Research Analysts in production of daily and regular reporting needs for the CNN brand as well as competitive networks
• Assist in providing Marketing, and Original Series development teams with ad hoc research requests related to CNN Original Series (such as Anthony Bourdain's: Parts Unknown, This is Life with Lisa Ling)
• Learn how to extract and analyze industry data using Nielsen research software applications (Ex: Nielsen NPower, Arianna, Star Media, etc.)
• Assist team with ongoing projects, data visualizations, client presentations (in Excel, PowerPoint), and help maintain relationships with outside 3rd party research vendors
What do we require from you?
• Candidate must have knowledge - and more importantly - a strong passion for TV, News, and the Media landscape
• Immediate Excel skills strongly preferred: Knowledge in/experience with PivotTables and essential Excel analysis formulas (including IF, VLOOKUP, COUNT, SUMIF) to increase interactivity and automating of spreadsheets
• Understanding of Excel formatting including conditional cell & number formatting
• Experience in effectively & clearly presenting analytical findings to relevant stakeholders
• Ability to master new software (some one-on-one training on Nielsen software will be provided by supervisor/team)
• Solid math skills and must be comfortable with numbers and data
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Solid problem-solving skills, and astute attention to detail
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Spring 2019 program dates are January 21st through April 12th. Interns are paid a competitive-wage based on location and relocation is not provided. Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation. Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Brothers. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TNT, TBS, TCM, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! We are up to exciting things; new shows, new businesses like E LEAGUE, and the best election coverage on TV. Check it out on our website.
See what it's like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.